• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Transducer - Speedometer Issues - 2018 AR210

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just received my 2018 AR210 back after being in the shop for over a month for a starboard driveline failure and bad transducer. Boat is running well but I now have an issue with the speedometer being pretty far off from the actual speed, like 5-15 mph higher than actual, depending on the speed. For example, in slow speed zones, I set the no wake mode on the third click and I'm usually around 5-6 mph but the speedometer shows 12-13 mph. While cruising around 7k RPM, the boat is usually around 32-33 mph but speedo says we're going 48-50 mph. The fastest speed this boat has ever hit was 42 mph. I used the Navionics app on my phone to compare actual speed with the speedometer.

My question is does anyone know if it's possible to recalibrate the speedometer? This issue is obviously related to the transducer replacement but I don't want to have to take the boat back to the shop as it's 2 hrs north of me and who knows how long it would be there again (after it just being there for 6 weeks).

If it’s Airmar paddle wheel transducer you may need to adjust the position of the transducer. I had to do that on my Moomba when I had the triducer replaced. There is an arrow on top of the transducer housing to use as a guide to position the transducer as aligned to the front axis as possible. At least that is how it was for my Moomba but your Yamaha might be a little different. I had a tech come out to ride with me so that he could adjust the sensor on the fly as we did speed runs to fine tune things. With the Yamaha it would be much harder and dangerous to do on the fly since you’d need to remove the cleanout tray, tape down the cleanout tray safety switches and have someone ride on the swim platform to adjust accordingly which would be illegal in my state to have someone back there while in motion. Hopefully you don’t have to do all of that but if so that is how we did it on my boat.

Last edited:
Back