• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Upholstery for my 2002 LS2000

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
My daughter decided to get married this fall so no new boat for dad this year. So I decided to replace the factory original upholstery on my 2002 LS2000 (purchased by me in 2013). I figured why not I'll use the boat this season possibly next before selling it to take someone's nicely used 2010 or newer 23 or 24 ft Yamaha off their hands.

I am blown away by how good it came out. John at A Plus Marine in Selbyville, DE did an unbelievable job on the boat. In the pictures below you can see that I reversed the colors on the sun deck to put the lighter color in the middle so it will not get scalding hot (I hope).

The long blue bolster cushion on the back seat is wedged in the gap to keep the seat back from tearing when you climb on the sun deck (best mod ever) and the short one on the helm seat I use at night to raise me into a nearly standing position for better visibility. Both are Sunbrella sleeves over 6 in. yoga rollers.

I am most pleased with the off color thread used in stitching it gives it the same look you see on high-end leather.

The pictures are not the best because the boat is back in indoor storage so I couldn't get far enough away to get a wide shot.

29.jpg 28.jpg 27.jpg 26.jpg 25.jpg

My daughter decided to get married this fall so no new boat for dad this year. So I decided to replace the factory original upholstery on my 2002 LS2000 (purchased by me in 2013). I figured why not I'll use the boat this season possibly next before selling it to take someone's nicely used 2010 or newer 23 or 24 ft Yamaha off their hands.

I am blown away by how good it came out. John at A Plus Marine in Selbyville, DE did an unbelievable job on the boat. In the pictures below you can see that I reversed the colors on the sun deck to put the lighter color in the middle so it will not get scalding hot (I hope).

The long blue bolster cushion on the back seat is wedged in the gap to keep the seat back from tearing when you climb on the sun deck (best mod ever) and the short one on the helm seat I use at night to raise me into a nearly standing position for better visibility. Both are Sunbrella sleeves over 6 in. yoga rollers.

I am most pleased with the off color thread used in stitching it gives it the same look you see on high-end leather.

The pictures are not the best because the boat is back in indoor storage so I couldn't get far enough away to get a wide shot.

View attachment 51903 View attachment 51904 View attachment 51905 View attachment 51906 View attachment 51907
Wow, that is a fabulous job. Would be nice to keep this guy's contact info if he is available.

--

Looks great! Now you will have to get a magic eraser mop to use on the floors so they will look as new as your seats.

Very nice LS.

Wait. I had a 02 LX2000. Did they make LS and LX in 02?

Looks great! Now you will have to get a magic eraser mop to use on the floors so they will look as new as your seats.

Yeah the guys in the storage side of the business were pulling it out today to clean it up after the upholstery guys dirtied it up. They will dry it out put the cover back on and put it back inside. It's a very nice operation with indoor and outdoor storage as well as upholstery and mechanical services. They also sell easy dock and will store your trailer in the summer. Good to know magic eraser makes a mop for the summer when I'm in charge of the cleaning.

Wait. I had a 02 LX2000. Did they make LS and LX in 02?

They did make both. It's even more confusing since this one has a blue hull like the LX but the LX has some additional storage spaces the LS doesn't have. As far as I know that's the only difference.

Treeskier, looks great. Can you PM me with rough estimate/cost since DE is close enough for me and when I need new upholstery it would be nice to have them as an option.

I am getting my rear sun deck by a local guy that does airplanes and boats. I walked through his shop and it was 1st class. I went with all white for the back pad since it did get hotter on the tan section. He is using black stitching similar to your set up. He steamed the foam and should be finished in a couple of weeks.

The LX had a few differences, one of the notable differences is the rear swim deck platform.

Treeskier, looks great. Can you PM me with rough estimate/cost since DE is close enough for me and when I need new upholstery it would be nice to have them as an option.

I am getting my rear sun deck by a local guy that does airplanes and boats. I walked through his shop and it was 1st class. I went with all white for the back pad since it did get hotter on the tan section. He is using black stitching similar to your set up. He steamed the foam and should be finished in a couple of weeks.

The LX had a few differences, one of the notable differences is the rear swim deck platform.

Yeah the swim platform is another difference I forgot about that and I know there were some fancier trim differences and graphics but the graphics on my boat were long gone by the time I purchased it.

My blue LX didn't have the platform. @treeskier
I life the graphics you have a!so.

My brother and I did some tree skiing back iin the days.

I will also vouch for A plus. I used to have them store my 230 over the winter, until I located a place 3 miles away from my normal residence where I can wax it and clean it all I want in the winter. A private 10 car garage with no cars in it with the house up for sale. 250 bucks from Nov until I take it out! Phone number 302-436-5320.

My blue LX didn't have the platform. @treeskier
I life the graphics you have a!so.

My brother and I did some tree skiing back iin the days.

I didn't do the paint work the previous owner did all that. Its more than I would do but we are recognized pretty much every where we go. We have a place in Midway, UT (near Deer Valley) we ski in the winter. The trees are my favorite especially when its snowing.

I didn't do the paint work the previous owner did all that. Its more than I would do but we are recognized pretty much every where we go. We have a place in Midway, UT (near Deer Valley) we ski in the winter. The trees are my favorite especially when its snowing.

Always wanted to ski there. We mostly hung out at Wolf Creek, Taos and Winter park (Mary Jane).

Always wanted to ski there. We mostly hung out at Wolf Creek, Taos and Winter park (Mary Jane).

Always wanted to try Taos and Telluride...but alas Park City and the Cottonwood Canyons get about 600 in a year of the lightest POW so we never quite made it. Once we drove to Jackson Hole from Park City in a bad snow year. Plus you cant beat flying into SLC from BWI with a 700 am flight you can ski by noon and with a quick start pass its even free :-).

Can't beat that .We flew into Denver and was on Breckenridge by noon. Alta Snowbird and Park City are on the bucket list.
Taos is STEEP. Their greens are blues everywhere else and so forth . Snow Is light and dry. Prone to avalanche s. Lot's of good skier's. Powder get skied up fast.

Checking out this thread, beautiful job, if you dont mind me asking, how much did he charge, I have a shop and do furniture, just did my boat was wondering if its worth it to get into boats, Ill post some pics

Died the dash and installed new gauges, will try to get better pics, boat was in the shade

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180713_115247_1536009112406_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180713_115247_1536009112406_resized.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 64
  • thumbnail_20180713_192623_1536009117256_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180713_192623_1536009117256_resized.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 63
  • thumbnail_20180713_205251_1536009114699_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180713_205251_1536009114699_resized.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 63
  • thumbnail_20180903_170511_1536008891672.jpg
    thumbnail_20180903_170511_1536008891672.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 64
  • thumbnail_20180903_170523_1536008889437.jpg
    thumbnail_20180903_170523_1536008889437.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 67
  • thumbnail_20180903_170434_1536008938432_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180903_170434_1536008938432_resized.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 70
  • thumbnail_20180903_170455_1536008892532.jpg
    thumbnail_20180903_170455_1536008892532.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail_20180903_170418_1536008953200_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180903_170418_1536008953200_resized.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 60
Checking out this thread, beautiful job, if you dont mind me asking, how much did he charge, I have a shop and do furniture, just did my boat was wondering if its worth it to get into boats, Ill post some pics
Well it’s a boat. So double your hourly rate and a $1000.

I paid $2120 for him to do the entire boat. He replaced the foam as well every where except the rear curved seat back. He said if I wanted to keep the curved rear seat back he had to clean and reuse the old foam or he could do it flat. I chose to keep the original look with reusing the old foam which was in good shape.

As an aside he also quoted me $550 to do only the sun deck and the rear seat back...they were the only sections on the boat that were actually torn but the rest was badly faded and discolored so I opted to do the whole job.

Died the dash and installed new gauges, will try to get better pics, boat was in the shade
Nice looking job...what did you use on the dash and glove box to get that black color. Was it a difficult product to work with?

Back