• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New V-Lift installed

@geiger41. Is that a wing nut I see on the bolt holding the bunk on? Does this pop out because the nut loosens over time or does the boat push the bunk slightly eventually pushing the bolt out of the slot? If that's the case maybe you could tether the bolt with a zip tie or stainless steel wire.

@geiger41. Is that a wing nut I see on the bolt holding the bunk on? Does this pop out because the nut loosens over time or does the boat push the bunk slightly eventually pushing the bolt out of the slot? If that's the case maybe you could tether the bolt with a zip tie or stainless steel wire.

Im not sure how it happened because the hardware was gone. I guess after awhile all the friction may have done either scenario. What do you mean by tethering the bolt....ill try and get some close up pictures tomorrow so you guys can see exactly what I mean.........still cant figure out why sunstream wouldn't close the lip of the bunk so the nut would slide right in

After my quick fix of that bolt/wingnut setup...still no problems and lobing the lift...anyone else ??? issues, concerns?? Hate putting the cover on lol

@Jayr212x , we use the same dealer, and boat in the same circles. Sorry for the late post but welcome aboard and if you need anything I'm in the area...:winkingthumbsup"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 9
After my quick fix of that bolt/wingnut setup...still no problems and lobing the lift...anyone else ??? issues, concerns?? Hate putting the cover on lol
To get back to my earlier suggestion about tethering the bolt to prevent loosing it I meant drilling a small hole in the bottom of the bolt and putting some stainless steel wire through it and attaching it to the lift so you can't loose it. I agree with you @geiger41 it seems they could have engineered a better solution but hey, look at all the redesigns we've had to make on our boats.

Back