• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Vortex Owners

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello everyone! Was glad to find a forum for other Vortex owners. My wife and I bought a brand new 203 VRX 3 months ago and unfortunately we are still looking at it in the driveway! We are from Texas but are currently living in Pennsylvania near the Poconos. We're lucky if it gets out of the 50's still! The boat has still not seen water! can't wait to take it out!
1.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sharp looking boat! What made you go with that make?

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My wife and I did a ton of research. We knew we wanted a Jet Boat, but it's just the two of us so we didn't want a huge boat. After seeing the Yamahas, Scarabs, and then the Chaparral, we fell in love with the looks of this red 203. I was already leaning towards the BRP engines so it really came down to the Chaparral or the Scarab. It was early January so the dealer gave us an awesome deal on it! We had a Bayliner 185 Bowrider a few years ago and actually loved it, but I talked my wife into buying a new Pontoon last year... huge mistake! I can see how some people love them, but I missed having the speed and the maneuverability.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My wife and I did a ton of research. We knew we wanted a Jet Boat, but it's just the two of us so we didn't want a huge boat. After seeing the Yamahas, Scarabs, and then the Chaparral, we fell in love with the looks of this red 203. I was already leaning towards the BRP engines so it really came down to the Chaparral or the Scarab. It was early January so the dealer gave us an awesome deal on it! We had a Bayliner 185 Bowrider a few years ago and actually loved it, but I talked my wife into buying a new Pontoon last year... huge mistake! I can see how some people love them, but I missed having the speed and the maneuverability.
Excellent! Funny, we went from a 24’ tritoon with an I/O (yes that’s a thing), to swearing off boats for about 10 years after hauling and cleaning that pig, to a “manageable” Bayliner 175 for the last three seasons, to our jet boat. 🤣

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Man, we went similar paths! Hopefully we'll get to take ours out early May!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful Chap! I looked long and hard at them a while back. Looks like a fun season ahead!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
awesome boat name!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello everyone! Was glad to find a forum for other Vortex owners. My wife and I bought a brand new 203 VRX 3 months ago and unfortunately we are still looking at it in the driveway! We are from Texas but are currently living in Pennsylvania near the Poconos. We're lucky if it gets out of the 50's still! The boat has still not seen water! can't wait to take it out!
View attachment 116597
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum! Sharp looking boat. Tons of good stuff here with knowledgeable people to help keep you safe and on the water.

I have the Vortex 223; the next size up with twin 250s. Love this boat! Which engine do you have? Take and share pictures when you can. We all love pics here. You're gonna have a blast!

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
View attachment 116597
Welcome Aboard, Nice Color!!

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum! Sharp looking boat. Tons of good stuff here with knowledgeable people to help keep you safe and on the water.

I have the Vortex 223; the next size up with twin 250s. Love this boat! Which engine do you have? Take and share pictures when you can. We all love pics here. You're gonna have a blast!

Good luck and enjoy!!!
It has the Ace 300hp single in it. Still hasn't seen water yet though!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It has the Ace 300hp single in it. Still hasn't seen water yet though!
That's one bad ass engine! It's totally new with a new design. Supposed to be super and quieter than previous engines. I'm jealous.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's one bad ass engine! It's totally new with a new design. Supposed to be super and quieter than previous engines. I'm jealous.
yeah, i'm hoping it is a great an engine as the reviews are claiming. Sucks that I really won't know until after 10 hrs or so of break in time!

jomo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Following have a 2017 Vortex 203 VRX.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Following have a 2017 Vortex 203 VRX.
:Welcome: to the forum! Lots of good people here. Let us know if you need anything.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
yeah, i'm hoping it is a great an engine as the reviews are claiming. Sucks that I really won't know until after 10 hrs or so of break in time!
@RodnAmy Tex :Welcome:
Ok it's now September...they must be loving the boat and too busy to come back for updates! We need updates!!
:D
Weather sucks here right now, cloudy and rain expected...hoping to get out Thursday as it might be nice by then. Hoping to do 50hr oil change tomorrow...put a lot more hours on than expected this year, it's been so fun to drive I can't stop myself!
🤪