• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Waverunner and Jetboat that I’m renting out to people

Josserman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have both and regret it? Love my 242 LS, but have been renting it on boatsetter during the week making a killing. I’ve been turning a ton of people down during the weekends and thinking with a waverunner I could Do 1/2 day rentals on the boat and still stay out with my wife and kid hang on friends boats and have fun.

Thing is season is short season out here in CT, but this 2020 FX SVHO looks like a blast.

Anyone find they have both and not enough time to enjoy them?

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Anyone have both and regret it? Love my 242 LS, but have been renting it on boatsetter during the week making a killing. I’ve been turning a ton of people down during the weekends and thinking with a waverunner I could Do 1/2 day rentals on the boat and still stay out with my wife and kid hang on friends boats and have fun.

Thing is season is short season out here in CT, but this 2020 FX SVHO looks like a blast.

How much are you renting the 242 for a day?

Any issues with damage so far?

Wish you were closer......

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I have both a 242x and a supercharged Yamaha waveruner. The wave runner, even though it’s on its own floating dock in the same marina as my boat, gets very little use. Most of that is due to my availability...when I have time to be on the water, it’s family time and I’m not going to give that up. My hope is that my 16yo will start taking the wave runner out when we take the boat and we can play on it during the day when anchored out. It hasn’t happened yet, so we’ll see.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting concept but I would definitely be fearful of damages...... I can see the money making end of it though. That is a killer concept. I just looked on Boatsetter and the only boat we have here locally in Huntsville I swore I found for sale on Pop Yachts or Boat Trader.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My main concern will be liability. Unless you know the people whom you are renting I will be hesitant.
matter of fact the only people we would feel comfortable renting are people we like to much to take any money from them. So our jetski gets used by others and they typically just fill it up.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have both a 242x and a supercharged Yamaha waveruner. The wave runner, even though it’s on its own floating dock in the same marina as my boat, gets very little use. Most of that is due to my availability...when I have time to be on the water, it’s family time and I’m not going to give that up. My hope is that my 16yo will start taking the wave runner out when we take the boat and we can play on it during the day when anchored out. It hasn’t happened yet, so we’ll see.
Lemme know if you wanna sell it. 😂
My kids have been begging me for one and I sold my SeaDoo 4 years ago due to these little rascals and no time to use it but now they’re old enough. I should’ve listened to my wife and kept it! Regret that everyday lately.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like the concept and making money, but i'm so particular about my boat I would have to buy another boat just for rentals..haha Sold my Seadoo 155 Wake 5 years ago and regret it...
I have my retirement job lined up..Rent out a real surf boat for 1/2 or full days with a Captain and teach surfing? You could pick them up and drop off right at the rental cottage..nobody rents out wake boats and everyone wants to try surfing...This way nobody else is operating my boat and could certainly justify a Paragon G23.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see more jet boat rentals on Craigslist this year than in years past. When I’ve seen Yamaha 24s for rent It usually for $600 or more per day. Here are pics of some more current ads. Jet skis rent for per day.

There was a member here or the other site that rented his boat out through a broker, his boat came back damaged and was left at the dock rather than dropped back off to him which was what was supposed to happen. The broker’s insurance company paid for all damages but the owner still had to deal with getting the damage estimate and repairs done, don’t know if this was quick or not. Apparently, the renter didn’t have much boating experience or lied about it because the renter was supposedly vetted before the owner agreed to rent him he boat.

I would love to clear $600 per day but don’t trust a broker to properly vette prospective renters and at least where my boat is concerned. I loan my waverunners out for free to my friends and relatives, I don’t think it would be worth the hassle of renting them out on a daily basis, especially if I have to deliver for pick them up. If I had to do so for he boat or waverunners I would be burning at least four hours per rental. Screws that. If I rent out either there is a possibility they will be damaged which could prevent me from using them when I want or plan to. If I don’t rent them they will always be available to me.
AADF787D-BEA7-44A6-A5B3-655167A6152D.pngB492A8FE-6C5C-4ABC-9848-49C00FB7DC31.png570D27D2-F8E3-47D7-837E-22522666E1C2.png

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Josserman

I have both, and both get use out of both of them. I am about 20mins form a lake so on occasion I disappear for 2 hrs and take the ski out. The boat is more for family time.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be concenred about liability issues. Check your policy. If the boat is rented is it covered? Hmmm....have to see the policy. What if the renter injures someone? You could be on the hook. Check your policy before renting.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have both, a 2017 VXR and a 2018 AR240 and a 9 and 11 year old. boat has 80 hours the ski has 32! My older child is just now starting to like the ski but only when the lake gets busy and we can't wakeboard anymore.