• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Waverunner

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bc limited is a nice ski. Comes with an NA 1.8L motor plus some cool accessories. If you don’t care for the accessories and want a ski with launch control (auto trim) check out the NA GP1800 same hull just with launch control. If you want a drier less darts ride consider the fx.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The bc limited is a nice ski. Comes with an NA 1.8L motor plus some cool accessories. If you don’t care for the accessories and want a ski with launch control (auto trim) check out the NA GP1800 same hull just with launch control. If you want a drier less darts ride consider the fx.
That’s what I did. I went with the sea couch. FXHO NA

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I hope they got rid of the spray and the chine walk I have 2 ,2021 models and they shoot water all over the place including in your face and in the mid 20 m p h range they had a chine walk really bad so I had to design a mod to deal with that and the water flying off the sides I call gull wings don't get close to anyone see all the water flying everywhere https://www.facebook.com/100000124620278/videos/756594652502446/

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They say 65 but I’ve only been to 37. I’m at 1.5 hrs into the break in period.

daveyjones

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yo - I'm in Swansboro (NC for others) and just picked up a VX Cruiser HO that I ordered last September. So far I love it. I hit 63 mph - which I'm very satisfied with. But yes, also babying it except for a few outbursts for "break in." I would like to find others to ride with as I'm new to NC and REALLY new to boating along the ICW.

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yo - I'm in Swansboro (NC for others) and just picked up a VX Cruiser HO that I ordered last September. So far I love it. I hit 63 mph - which I'm very satisfied with. But yes, also babying it except for a few outbursts for "break in." I would like to find others to ride with as I'm new to NC and REALLY new to boating along the ICW.
Loving the all white! My break-in is Thursday!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope they got rid of the spray and the chine walk I have 2 ,2021 models and they shoot water all over the place including in your face and in the mid 20 m p h range they had a chine walk really bad so I had to design a mod to deal with that and the water flying off the sides I call gull wings don't get close to anyone see all the water flying everywhere https://www.facebook.com/100000124620278/videos/756594652502446/
I read an article on how they went to a heavier hull by not using the nano hull and redisigned it to stop this stuff. I forget what model it was though.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I read an article on how they went to a heavier hull by not using the nano hull and redisigned it to stop this stuff. I forget what model it was though.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I just had this debate because I just purchased a new FX. The only models with the new SMC hull are FX models.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The main improvement to make the ride drier on the fx from 2021 to 2022 is the repositioning on the sponsons, at least that’s what the you tube reviews say.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The main improvement to make the ride drier on the fx from 2021 to 2022 is the repositioning on the sponsons, at least that’s what the you tube reviews say.
yes, they moved them up 2”. They went back to the SMC hull because the Nano hull was beer canning, cracking the shitty ass auto paint they are now using. There are no flex additives in the paint either. I love the Yamaha machines, but come on.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been lucky, so far anyway, my 2021 gp 1800 and my wife’s 2021 fx have been great. Much wetter tide than our 2006 fx Waverunners but nothing that would make me think about trading either in for something else.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I’ve been lucky, so far anyway, my 2021 gp 1800 and my wife’s 2021 fx have been great. Much wetter tide than our 2006 fx Waverunners but nothing that would make me think about trading either in for something else.
I took my FX out today for the first time. Handles the chop 100% better than my 212SE. Smooth cruiser, love it.