• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Wetsounds Head Unit and Remotes!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This thing looks legit! Put me down for one please! Glad I held off on buying a Fusion for now. Below is a direct quote from Tim @ Wetsounds borrowed from another wake forum...

We will be releasing more info soon on price and dimensions and full specs. This has been a many year project for us. We are very excited to get this out there!

My goal with the unit has been a high output super clean, super simple to use, no bs unit. You will have a high end sound, high voltage output clean at any level all the way to max volume unclipped. And none of the stuff like rock concert, jazz hall, crazy boost settings, complicated menus, 100 page manual to figure out how to connect BT and so on

Here is a quick rundown. The Media Center is a black box brain unit with master full color display and ability to have 3 transom remotes.

AM/FM/weather band, aux Input, Usb with Apple and android support, Bluetooth 4.0 with CSR chip with APTX codec, Sirius/XM ready, Pandora ready, Spotify Ready (so if your streaming pandora, all information and cover art shows up on the screen and you can thumbs up and down from the unit)
4 zones of 4 volt RCA outputs. All uclipped at max volume for easy system tuning and clean signal no matter what! All 4 zones can be re named, Tower, Boat, Sub and Bow for example. Master Volume with seperate easy access independent zone control. So yes like a 420.
Ability to preset 3 volume profiles and name them. Wake, Party and Chill for example. Set towers at 100%, sub at 75%, boats at 50% and bow at 25% and then save that profile as "wake". Master volume will then track volume up and down but will not go past % setting for each zone. Example: tower is 100% so master volume will track that from 0-100% of the volume and reach 100% when radio is on max level of 40. Boats are set at 50% so master volume will track 0-50% for this zone. When master is at max of 40, boat zone will still be at 50%.
Once you play with it, it is the easiest way to control audio and zones you will find. And the only radio that will allow you multiple pre set profiles.
Also, has the ability to have 3 quick pre set fast access sources, so you select you favorite 3 sources so no scrolling through complex menus.
We designed the GUI to be clean and simple, easy to use, large knob, full color
Also, transom remote has all zone controls as well and you can change zone volumes in one simple click of the large knob.

We plan on having everything in production by the end of the year as we have finished tooling and finializing a few more software and GUI parts.

So end of first quarter for availability.

Tim
Wet Sounds

image2_zpsi9o78sku.jpg image3_zpsfioe7p8s.jpg

betterwhenitswetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing, I was just on the phone with these guys just last month but could not give me any details other than they are working on a new deck with remote. I was curious about how are they going to have the tower/boat/sub controls. kind of looks like a fusion, with Wetsounds name on it. I think the size is going to be an issue, lastly I am not a BT user, horrible SQ IMO esp... noticeable with my speakers and power levels I run, always sounds much better and cleaner when directly connected to USB.

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice capability set. Any word on pricing?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing, I was just on the phone with these guys just last month but could not give me any details other than they are working on a new deck with remote. I was curious about how are they going to have the tower/boat/sub controls. kind of looks like a fusion, with Wetsounds name on it. I think the size is going to be an issue, lastly I am not a BT user, horrible SQ IMO esp... noticeable with my speakers and power levels I run, always sounds much better and cleaner when directly connected to USB.
I agree about the BT @betterwhenitswetter . It is completely useless to me. Compressed files on a ipod is bad enough, BT sounds like crap IMO. I'm always connected via usb. I like the idea about the zone control capability.....I can do away with my WS420BT. I also like the preset capability for the different zones. No word on pricing yet, but with that Wetsounds name, don't expect inexpensive.