• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Winch

danielcasey01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am in the market for a new winch for my Yamaha traler (2008 AR230 HO boat). Someone on the forum told me about the Fulton winches and I was curious if anyone knows if the pre drilled holes on winches are kind of "standard" so that it will fit into the pre drilled holes on the trailer. Any suggestion/help is GREATLY appreciated!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2010 MFI trailer and had a 2006 MFI trailer for my yamaha jet boats. Both trailers had Fulton F2 winches installed on them. The mounting holes on the winch are elongated so they can work on a variety of trailers/bow stops.

Clarification: The mounting bolt threads are in elongated slots which allows them to be adjusted to fit many different trailers/bow stops. See the attached pic.

I have not seen the bottoms of my f2 winches (2 speed for the boat and single speeds for the PWCs) in years, in part because I had beads of weld put on the excess threads of the bolt to reduce the chances that somebody with a wrench will steal them.

831C18E4-4E3C-4D87-903E-4B958EF23549.pngQ

Last edited:

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m also planning to replace mine, may check these out. My current winch handle hits the bells from the new bow roller I put on, unless I hold it out as I’m cranking but it’s kind of annoying. May see if this one will clear it