• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New winter hobby

I've tried that @bobbie. It's a real rush. Have fun with it.

@Gym we've got about 40 minutes under our belt so far. It's amazing how it becomes second nature to move around versus the first flight when you can't control anything!!

That looks like a lot of fun.

@Gym we've got about 40 minutes under our belt so far. It's amazing how it becomes second nature to move around versus the first flight when you can't control anything!!
I found it more fun than the real thing. It's cheaper, lasts longer and allows you to play around without the consequences.

An ifly location is less than 2 miles from my home so I've done it a few times and gave a few flights away as gifts but didn't get into it enough to make it a hobby. I found that pre-tipping the guides makes for a much more enjoyable experience (they had me walk on air, doing rolls and flips, etc.). Fun but not for the financially challenged.

image.jpg

@Ronnie yep....it's got the bad combo of addicting and expensive. But luckily my rock gym retirement job gets me free climbing and enough money to get in a couple times a month for private instruction. My instructor is able to comp us a few extra minutes per session.

That's awesome !!!! Something I def want to try !!!!

That would be fun to do. Well I just looked and of course the closest location is Chicago, guess I won't be doing that for awhile... We (almost) never get the cool stuff in Minnesota!

Is this you @bobbie?

DuG9S7F.gif

That is defiantly cool!!!

I bought my time through Groupon at a deep discount. If available in your area you may want to check them out. www.groupon.com

@bobbie Looks like a blast! Curious...is that a good workout?

@Volffas Just give me enough time....and that WILL be me!!

@GTBRMC rich, yes...but doesn't feel like you're working out. You feel it in your core and pecs the next day. First time i did it for 10 minutes; the next day I felt like I'd done about 1000 push ups!

When I graduate to back flying I'm buying my own flight suit!! Already got the full face helmet...surprisingly it really makes a difference in the ability to concentrate when 95 mph winds aren't hitting you in the face.

@GTBRMC rich, yes...but doesn't feel like you're working out. You feel it in your core and pecs the next day. First time i did it for 10 minutes; the next day I felt like I'd done about 1000 push ups!

That's what I was thinking...almost like "dynamic planking" (if there were such a thing). A work out that is a ton of fun = a good thing.

Now you just have to figure out how to rig up DIY version using your Yammie jet pumps. :cool:

I found it more fun than the real thing. It's cheaper, lasts longer and allows you to play around without the consequences.
Although, since having kids, I'd never sky dive again, nothing compares to the adrenaline rush of jumping out of a plane with the possibility of things ending in a splat.

@MrMoose I will forgo the possibility of a splat and stick with tunnel flying. Seems a little bit of a more controlled environment!

Back