• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New winter hobby

A little bit more controlled is a great big understatement. I like the tech at the locations more than the indoor skydiving, well almost.

4 turbines at the top pushing air down the outer columns of the building and up though the center column, Controlled by a guy adjacent to the flight chamber with his eyes on you and instructor and his hand on the throttle. They also display the flight information to the people watching via flat screens. Stuff like wind speed, rpm of each fan, a count down clock, etc. Can't forget about the double net floor (I assume there is another at the top but haven't seen one). They have it dialed in.

Now about the cost. They charge by the minute, not the hour or 1/4 or 1/10 of the hour like some attorneys, by the minute. Things may have changed but if so it only got more expensive not cheaper but when I did it a few times a few years ago it was $50 for the first two minutes which included a 10 minute class regarding safety and the correct body position. After that it was $30 for two minutes without the class. You can buy bigger bundles of minutes for better rates but I never did so I don't know what the rates were or are. Like I stated earlier, they have it dialed in.

Great experience just too expensive for me to do regularly. If you have done it and get the opportunity I highly recommend you give it a try, especially if you are in to trying something different. This is rare air imho.

We got to try it on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas when the ship was brand new. An absolute blast - especially considering that there is no way in hell that I would ever jump out of a perfectly good airplane! Watching others do it is almost as entertaining (especially the uncoordinated ones or the ones that don't follow the instructor! ;)).

This just in, more recent footage of @bobbie. Lookin' good! :D

TimelySociableAoudad.gif

And here I thought it would be finding a young 20yr old mistress!:)

Back