• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha Boater in GA

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the great looking boat. I'm in PCB in the panhandle. Shell island is a great place to go and hang if you're ever down this way look me up.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a little late, but welcome! Excellent looking craft you have there.

Oh, btw, we love helping to name boats. Just put up a new thread with a proposal and some details about yourself and your family. Or hobbies. Or something for us to work with. We are not fussy.

Great to have you join us!

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally took possession of a 2017 242 E Series.

We are a family of 4 in Alpharetta, GA, just north of Atlanta. I'm originally from California (Central Valley then Bay Area) and wife is from Fort Worth area Texas. The boys are 16 and 13 years old. We relocated to GA about 15 years go for work (UPS). I am a recovered forum junkie and hopefully will not have a relapse.

Our boat prior to this one is a 1999 Larson that we picked up about 7 years ago and use every weekend that is warm. We have a friend that used to have a Yamaha and really liked the rear seating area and have been thinking to get one for several years. Went to the boat show this year and they had some deals on 2017 factory demo models and decided to go for it. Kids can use the Georgia Hope Scholarship for college, right?

Our main spot is Lake Lanier and have a few boat friends there. We trailer the boat and will likely be looking for a new tow vehicle this year...our Nissan Pathfinder is rated for 6000# which should be okay for the 1/2 mile from storage to ramp. We go down to Sarasota, FL a few times a year and would love to take the boat down there but sure about the Pathfinder.

We will probably keep it mostly stock for this season but some small things I do want to take care of:
1. Install a USB port in the captains area and maybe in the rear areas
2. Rewire the tow vehicle for 5 pin from the current 4 pin
4. Fancify the head with some better storage
5. Maybe a ballast for the ski locker...we won't go full automation though
6. Some underwater LED lights
7. And of course, boat name

But I do like to tinker some and will probably find some other things to do once we start using the boat.

While researching the boat, came across lots of videos on the Bimini trips. I want to gear up for that and hopefully make it next year.

I joined the Lanier Jet Boaters Facebook group. Hope to catch some of you out on the lake.

Welcome to the Forum!