• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha Engine for 2017

TommyC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
First Post. Great site. That being said......I went by the yamaha dealer in Northern Georgia looking to purchase a 212x, and the dealer was telling me that one of the yamaha engineers was telling him that they are switching engines in 2017. Has anyone else heard this? If so I will postpone my purchase until seeing what happens in 2017. There might be some truth to the new engine story as the Yamaha plant is only a few miles from the dealership where I was. He was also saying it will have more horsepower and other engine technical terms I didn't understand.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First Post. Great site. That being said......I went by the yamaha dealer in Northern Georgia looking to purchase a 212x, and the dealer was telling me that one of the yamaha engineers was telling him that they are switching engines in 2017. Has anyone else heard this? If so I will postpone my purchase until seeing what happens in 2017. There might be some truth to the new engine story as the Yamaha plant is only a few miles from the dealership where I was. He was also saying it will have more horsepower and other engine technical terms I didn't understand.
I don't doubt that they will introduce a new power plant but I doubt it will be across all models. So, don't let that hold you back from purchasing one now. Don't forget that first year runs of everything have bugs! We shall find out in August when Yamaha releases their 2017 boats.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it will be the tc3 power plant in redesigned sx210-ar210 boats right now the price jump is huge if you go from a 190 to a 212