• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New yamaha owner in AZ

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great trip planned for next weekend on Mohave. The gang at Riverdavesplace is hosting a run up river to Hoover Dam:
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?146588-Carl-Peterson-Memorial-Damn-Dam-Run

The Damn Dam Run. We'll be going along with some friends. The weather should be great. It's an awesome view from the bottom of the dam looking up. :cool:
Man that is tempting, looks like a pretty long boat ride, wondering if the Yammie would have enough fuel for a round trip?

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have done river trip. we launched at Willow Beach approximately a 3 - 3.5 hour drive (off 94 - towards vegas) North of Kingman - no problem with fuel issue from here. it is a very pretty ride going through the canyons. There is a current on the river in this area - so drifting can be fast. You cannot actually go up to the dam, but you can get pretty close if it is open...Sometimes they close it about a half mile from the dam. You might want to check. Also there is a campground at Willow Beach. We did this ourselves about 2 years ago.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, there are seasonal restrictions north of Willow, but we are going on Saturday and there are no restrictions in place at this time:
https://www.nps.gov/lake/planyourvisit/blackcanyonrestrictions.htm

The water level is good and all the ramps report excellent conditions. Leaving from Katherine's you can stop at Cottonwood for additional fuel if needed. We float, typically for many miles, on the return leg. As mentioned, the current works in your favor going back down river.

Back in the day...pre 9/11, we had an awesome trip! Hoping we can re-live some of those memories....heck, I'm just hoping I can remember! :cool:

Dieselmore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Retired37 I love the nice discriptions. So far we've been to canyon, Apache, and rosevelt.

I may have to try Bartlet next weekend. I already have almost 25 hours on this boat, it's the whole families favorite activity.

This ride next Saturday does sound amazing...

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had an awesome day on Saturday. The weather was perfect and the water was amazing.
image.jpeg
The water was a brisk 61 degrees at the base of the dam.....yes, I dove right in when we got to the limit line....amazing how fast you can jump on the swimstep when properly motivated

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
kind of like holding on to a hot horseshoe!! ;)

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice!!! welcome!!! you guys are right, we need to go an AZ get together!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard. . . . Nice ride.

Geoffrey bell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
We should definitely plan a get together for az. We live in Peoria a short distance from pleasant as well and are out there every weekend almost. We will also be at pleasant for the July 3rd fireworks.

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are headed to lake powell tomorrow for the rest of the week.
Welcome to the site. Break Powell in for me, we'll be there on the 9th.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We normally go to Lake Powell in August around our Anniversary which is the 24th, have fun up there @Dieselmore

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO can you recommend any good spots to check out? We cruise around today, this lake or should I say ocean is massive haha...
Run up to Rainbow Bridge and near there is Dangling Rope Marina, make sure to buy a lake map, there are a lot of cool canyons to go way back into.

rb.jpg