• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Year's Day Dinner

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For New Year’s Day Dinner I went into my archives of cookbooks and magazines found my back issues of Art Culinaire (The International Magazine in Good Taste). After reviewing multiple back issues tI decided on my version of Beef Tenderloin and Onion Butter with Pickled Onions. I did not have any beef Tenderloin however I did have a 2 inch cut of grass-fed and free range prime ribeye. Other changes were a red onion in lieu of pearl onions (again none in the pantry) and thinly sliced potatoes cooked in the air frier. Now one of the challenges with dinner like this is planning as some of the main ingredients take hours and even days to prepare. In this case the pickled onions took three hours, the beef sauce an hour to reduce and the the ribeye two hours to cook to temp using Sous Vide method. Except for the steak sauce much of the time did not require my attention. That said the I did not start prepping early enough so dinner was a little later than usual. But that was OK as I was fortified by a glass or two of Cabernet Sauvignon from the Robert Craig Winery. To serve the ribeye was sliced in 2 inch portions placed over the steak sauce with the pickled onions and potatoes down the side. A dollop of onion butter was place on the ribeye. [flag]

6BB7C7C3-AD75-411B-9A85-4AA5E72E0CDE_1_201_a.jpegF39635D7-BE03-4A36-BEA6-F3442E8E3B84_1_201_a.jpeg