• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie Boat Owner, 2018 SX190

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey folks,

My wife just bought a new to us 2018 SX190.
20220203_121011.jpg

I'll be the first one to admit I'm not much a boat guy, but I plan to be. We also just bought a cabin and plan to take out the boat to a nearby lake 20 or so minutes away.

Couldn't tell you if we got a good deal on it, but it's super clean, 70hrs in the motor, 27k paid, came with galvanized trailer over the painted I believe is standard; sound like a fair deal?

That being said, some glaring things I want to improve: sound (stock sounds just don't cut the mustard to me), LED lighting, needs a cover (will be garaged 95% of the time though), kids want to wake board this thing (so need a tower, please advise), any power improvements?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome::Welcome::Welcome: NIce looking boat and it sounds like a decent deal for these times! You will have a great summer. LOTS of people here to help you spend you money on mods too.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My wife just bought a new to us 2018 SX190.
That being said, some glaring things I want to improve: sound (stock sounds just don't cut the mustard to me), LED lighting, needs a cover (will be garaged 95% of the time though), kids want to wake board this thing (so need a tower, please advise), any power improvements?
:Welcome:
Check out the Electronics section for posts on upgrades, you can just do a simple amp install, or replace speakers and amp and go crazy. Same for lighting. The Yamaha mooring cover is the best fit and it's trailerable. You can buy a tower and have it installed, or you can just tow from the low point used for tubing. Not as good for wakeboard or skiing, but doable for now.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Don't 190s have Jensen brand speakers. Just replace those Polk or kicker to start.