• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie Here Took Delivery of 2016 223 VR

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My only tip for loading is to check the water level across the back of the boat once you have it partially loaded. If the water at the ramp is smooth enough you can see if your tilted one way or another. I look at the lower edge of my swim platform and see how straight I am, last few times before I gave the wife the All Clear to leave the ramp I hung off one side or the other to get it straight. We've done extremely well doing this.

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have the 223VRX with about 15 hours on it, and have only had an odd vibration once, and it was coming off idle. I shut down and restarted both engines, and all was well. Could have been a stick or something, but have not had an issue since. Small sticks and leaves have gone right through, and I'm surprised that a small lid would cause an issue unless not enough RPMs to slice through it. The main problem I've had is with the Medallion display, but had it replaced and so far so good. I have really enjoyed it so far, wake boarding for the first time and amazed at how easily it pulls. Taking it out this weekend and can't wait.... have a great weekend yourself.

Scott Potter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Vandyman, which engine choice did you go with? Did you notice a big difference in how it pulls once the 7 hour break-in period was done?

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Vandyman, which engine choice did you go with? Did you notice a big difference in how it pulls once the 7 hour break-in period was done?
I went with the 200hp set up. I did notice a difference after the 7 hour break in.... I think they run quieter and less whistle. I did not try to pull anything until the 12 hour mark and didn't push it hard until recently, but power seems to be consistent. I'm just now getting everything figured out but have so much more to learn!