• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH Sport E Upgrades (Scupper etc) Recommendations Welcome!

lake shore real estate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Hello Jet fam,

I just received my new 255 FSH Sport E and overall love the boat, but I have a few concerns I was hoping you all could assist with if knowledgable-

1-What sizes and where do I get the stainless steel replacement scupper kit and all associated livewell drains to ensure this drains properly with longevity-boat weekly in busy Lake St. Clair need to be sure

2-What is the correct anchor that actually fits the anchor locker for the 255? (any website links would be great!) -Dealer gave me wrong size lol

3-I noticed that there was an obstruction (metal shavings) in my side pisser lines (now fixed, but certainly ruined the maiden voyage lol) I have been cleaning metal shavings from all over since April when I took delivery on the boat-pretty disappointing quality assurance from Yamaha and the dealer did not properly detail the boat as they charged me in the sales agreement-any recommendations?

4-The gel coat had some obvious dings and chips in the clear/gelcoat deck area, bow roller area, and some in the anchor locker area that did not seem to spider, but can see some fiberglass in the ding/mark-I am taking notes of all these and having fixed at my 10hr service mark-(update*-dealer stated we can have completed at end of season first 50hr marker) Hopefully all corrected with ease

5-Any battery upgrade suggestions? Currently looking for a performance and longevity-hopefully will add trolling motor setup soon

6-What kind of trolling motor setup do you recommend? (Dealer recommended Minn Kota)

7-What kind of mirror did you guys install for the center console?

8-I installed Stolz rollers so far-so good! (Still waiting on my bow and aft shade kit along with the center protective screen, and tower storage bag kit)

9-If you have any suggestions or good add ons let me know please and thank you! (P.S. I have no problems steering/maneuvering the vessel so no need for those kits for me anyway)

Thank you in advance!
-Mark

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello Jet fam,

I just received my new 255 FSH Sport E and overall love the boat, but I have a few concerns I was hoping you all could assist with if knowledgable-

1-What sizes and where do I get the stainless steel replacement scupper kit and all associated livewell drains to ensure this drains properly with longevity-boat weekly in busy Lake St. Clair need to be sure

2-What is the correct anchor that actually fits the anchor locker for the 255? (any website links would be great!) -Dealer gave me wrong size lol

3-I noticed that there was an obstruction (metal shavings) in my side pisser lines (now fixed, but certainly ruined the maiden voyage lol) I have been cleaning metal shavings from all over since April when I took delivery on the boat-pretty disappointing quality assurance from Yamaha and the dealer did not properly detail the boat as they charged me in the sales agreement-any recommendations?

4-The gel coat had some obvious dings and chips in the clear/gelcoat deck area, bow roller area, and some in the anchor locker area that did not seem to spider, but can see some fiberglass in the ding/mark-I am taking notes of all these and having fixed at my 10hr service mark-(update*-dealer stated we can have completed at end of season first 50hr marker) Hopefully all corrected with ease

5-Any battery upgrade suggestions? Currently looking for a performance and longevity-hopefully will add trolling motor setup soon

6-What kind of trolling motor setup do you recommend? (Dealer recommended Minn Kota)

7-What kind of mirror did you guys install for the center console?

8-I installed Stolz rollers so far-so good! (Still waiting on my bow and aft shade kit along with the center protective screen, and tower storage bag kit)

9-If you have any suggestions or good add ons let me know please and thank you! (P.S. I have no problems steering/maneuvering the vessel so no need for those kits for me anyway)

Thank you in advance!
-Mark
Congrats on the new boat!

1. I don’t have one of these boats, but on my 2020 210 FSH sport the deck drains and live well drains are all 1.5” hoses and fittings. I got all my fittings from GemLux.

2. The anchor I bought was a bit too wide so trimmed it down a half inch or so on each side.

3. All these boats seem to come with left over manufacturing detritus …the metal shavings in the pilot water lines is interesting, that is a new one. Do you know specifically which pilot lines they were? Oil cooler? Intercooler ? I kept getting stuff out of my bilge for a while, I rinsed the bilge out a couple of times and that got rid of the majority of the stuff.

4. Absolutely get these fixed at the end of the season ..go out and put as many hours on the boat this season as you can.

5. There are a lot of battery threads on this site. Bang for your buck are the regular RV / Marine flooded lead acid batteries, the AGM batteries offer a bit higher voltage and a modest increase in amp hours. The ultimate are high quality LiFePO batteries. I posted this thread about converting to LiFePO batteries. https://jetboaters.net/threads/conversion-to-lifepo-batteries.35834/ I like to think there is a lot of useful information in that thread from others and what I found out on that journey. I would highly recommend these LiFePO batteries for your trolling motor set up. The best thing you can do for your start and house batteries is to install an onboard battery charger that you plug in once you get home from a day on the water, our boats charging systems don’t have a lot of charging capacity as such a good quality charger like a NOCO, MinnKota, or Victron are crucial to good battery health and maintenance, with a minimum of 10 A of charging power per battery. In addition to my trolling motor battery bank I also swapped out my group 24 lead acid battery house battery for a group 31 LiFePO battery, the difference in performance with these batteries is incredible, but I spend long days on the water, 12-14 hour days are the norm for me, so I can really use the extended performance of the LiFePO batteries. The last comment on the LiFePO batteries, in the house application, these batteries soak up electrons like a sponge, and in my experience so far, seem to charge very well off of my boats charging system.

6. I have the MinnKota Rip Tide Ulterra I Pilot link with a 60” (your boat would need a 72” shaft) shaft and I’m very pleased with it, and it integrates seamlessly with my Humminbird Solix fish finder. The auto pilot-holds a heading that you set and cruise control-holds a speed that you set features are super cool and make trolling and catching fish a simple affair. Having said all that, there are a couple of guys who have boats like yours and bought different brands of trolling motors that integrate with your boats Simrad. But I’m pretty sure the trolling motor set I have is a stand alone unit.

7. don’t have one, don’t have the need. If I’m pulling tubers I have a spotter sitting next to me.

8. Cool!

9. @Zackdadams has done a lot of great projects on his 252 that you may be interested in. Some folks, including myself, have installed a second bilge pump for redundancy and capacity. Glad to see you have found the boat maneuverable and are not in need of any of the directional enhancer products. I’d suggest adding fuel to the tank as well as fishing or water sports gear and get out on the water and enjoy your boat. My personal outlook was to use the boat for at least one full season before I started doing modifications, and that has worked out well for me.

aschs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I just purchased the ShadeFin with the extender
FSH Example (
) for any rod holder and the DevFishing shade for the Aft (
)