• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie - Starter Shopping List

Columban

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey all,
I just ordered my first jet boat 2021 Yamaha AR210 and excited to go shopping on all my essentials. I’m overwhelmed with so many styles of items and hope to get some veteran recommendations here.

would anyone have first hand advice for starter accessories. Specifically,
1) best bumper models and lines for this boat
2) best rear view mirror for this boat
3) best thickness and length of dock lines
4) best size and style front anchor and line thickness and length.
5) best size and style rear anchor and line thickness and length (for beaching)
6) any other essential recommendations?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Columban not sure there is a best. There are different very good models of the different items you are looking at but individual use cases, water, dock, etc. Change from person to person. The fenders I use I think are the best, other members think others are the best. Same as with mirrors.

I would start by searching here for one thing at a time and reading the threads which will start you to form opinions and specific questions. Additionally, you will need safety equipment. If you are boating in larger lakes or the Ocean, things like VHF radio with a backup etc.

The list is endless so it is best to start with one thing, research, ask questions come to a decision, order it and go onto the next. 2021 AR210's haven't shown up at dealers yet so you have some time, but hopefully soon.

Here is a list of things you will need or want, next to each is what I have purchased, not necessarily what you should. I have everything below and a lot more, but these are things that should get you thinking. I have a 2020 AR210 in blue. Further more if you are going to do your own oil changes you will need a siphon pump. Some use electric, like I do, some do not.

You have to decide what you want and need, the list below is what I did... And it grows weekly. Almost everything here I have found on this forum.

1) Fenders - some use Mission some use standard some use balls.
2) Mooring Cover - I got my from dealer about $800 after discount.
3) Better Trailer Jack
4) Trailer Guide Posts - lighted and covers
5) Spare Tire Cover
6) Yamalube Spray Silicone
7) Protectant Vinyl 303
8) Microfiber cloths
9) Pool Noodles for protecting cover
10) Docklines
11) Marine Sanitation Device (Porta Potti) - this one will fit on the passenger side and is easy to pull out use and take care of.
12) Oars
13) Portable VHF Radio - this one is one of the best.
14) Steering Fins Cobra Jet
15) Flare Gun
16) Tools for Boat - I got a bag and tools at home depot.
17) Oil To keep in Boat in case - Get the Yamalube Oil
18) Second Battery - AGM - review threads here, should have two of the exact same batteries.
19) On-Board Battery Charger
20) NOCO Boost Battery Pack
21) Vinyl Sauce Vinyl Cleaner
22) Vinyl Sauce Conditioner
23) Hot Sauce Boat Water Spot Remover
24) Sand Spike
25) Mantus M-1/M-2 Anchor
26) Hi Visibility Anchor Lines I have two of theses for both anchors.
28) On board inflater for tubes
29) Board Racks
30) Sealable Plastic Containers for things in boat.
31) Navionics Subscription for Maps
32) Mount for phone on dash.
33) Extra USB Plugs for Passenger Side, You will have to install and wire
34) Wrist band for Lanyard Kill Switch otherwise clip it to your vest. Amazon.com: Yamaha Superjet SJ Waverunner GP XL VX VXR Raider LX SHO New Wrist Band Lanyard: Health & Personal Care
35) Throwable Emergency floatation
36) PFD correct type for everyone on board.
37) Proper ropes if towing large tubes 1-4 rider and quick connects.
38) Extra Bungee Cords
39) Two locks to put through holes in trailer tongue when you remove pin and fold for security.
40) Grease Gun and Marine Grease
41) Fishing Rod Holders / Rocket Launchers - I have 4 - if you plan on fishing and trolling.
42) Regex
43) Spare drain plugs - I have 3, just in case.
44) Spare flush fitting, I bought two and put them on plastic shut off valves.
45) First Aid Kit
46) Air Horn
47) We have one large oversize duffel bag that is water proof that we Pack everything in.
48) Rear View Mirror
49) Telescopic Boat Hook with luminous End for docking or whatever
50) Two boat buckles for transom boat tie down - awesome.
51) Trailer hitch lock - sucks if somone takes your hitch ball at the launch, seen it happen.

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Columban not sure there is a best. There are different very good models of the different items you are looking at but individual use cases, water, dock, etc. Change from person to person. The fenders I use I think are the best, other members think others are the best. Same as with mirrors.

I would start by searching here for one thing at a time and reading the threads which will start you to form opinions and specific questions. Additionally, you will need safety equipment. If you are boating in larger lakes or the Ocean, things like VHF radio with a backup etc.

The list is endless so it is best to start with one thing, research, ask questions come to a decision, order it and go onto the next. 2021 AR210's haven't shown up at dealers yet so you have some time, but hopefully soon.

Here is a list of things you will need or want, next to each is what I have purchased, not necessarily what you should. I have everything below and a lot more, but these are things that should get you thinking. I have a 2020 AR210 in blue. Further more if you are going to do your own oil changes you will need a siphon pump. Some use electric, like I do, some do not.

You have to decide what you want and need, the list below is what I did... And it grows weekly. Almost everything here I have found on this forum.

1) Fenders - some use Mission some use standard some use balls.
2) Mooring Cover - I got my from dealer about $800 after discount.
3) Better Trailer Jack
4) Trailer Guide Posts - lighted and covers
5) Spare Tire Cover
6) Yamalube Spray Silicone
7) Protectant Vinyl 303
8) Microfiber cloths
9) Pool Noodles for protecting cover
10) Docklines
11) Marine Sanitation Device (Porta Potti) - this one will fit on the passenger side and is easy to pull out use and take care of.
12) Oars
13) Portable VHF Radio - this one is one of the best.
14) Steering Fins Cobra Jet
15) Flare Gun
16) Tools for Boat - I got a bag and tools at home depot.
17) Oil To keep in Boat in case - Get the Yamalube Oil
18) Second Battery - AGM - review threads here, should have two of the exact same batteries.
19) On-Board Battery Charger
20) NOCO Boost Battery Pack
21) Vinyl Sauce Vinyl Cleaner
22) Vinyl Sauce Conditioner
23) Hot Sauce Boat Water Spot Remover
24) Sand Spike
25) Mantus M-1/M-2 Anchor
26) Hi Visibility Anchor Lines I have two of theses for both anchors.
28) On board inflater for tubes
29) Board Racks
30) Sealable Plastic Containers for things in boat.
31) Navionics Subscription for Maps
32) Mount for phone on dash.
33) Extra USB Plugs for Passenger Side, You will have to install and wire
34) Wrist band for Lanyard Kill Switch otherwise clip it to your vest. Amazon.com: Yamaha Superjet SJ Waverunner GP XL VX VXR Raider LX SHO New Wrist Band Lanyard: Health & Personal Care
35) Throwable Emergency floatation
36) PFD correct type for everyone on board.
37) Proper ropes if towing large tubes 1-4 rider and quick connects.
38) Extra Bungee Cords
39) Two locks to put through holes in trailer tongue when you remove pin and fold for security.
40) Grease Gun and Marine Grease
41) Fishing Rod Holders / Rocket Launchers - I have 4 - if you plan on fishing and trolling.
42) Regex
43) Spare drain plugs - I have 3, just in case.
44) Spare flush fitting, I bought two and put them on plastic shut off valves.
45) First Aid Kit
46) Air Horn
47) We have one large oversize duffel bag that is water proof that we Pack everything in.
48) Rear View Mirror
49) Telescopic Boat Hook with luminous End for docking or whatever
50) Two boat buckles for transom boat tie down - awesome.
51) Trailer hitch lock - sucks if somone takes your hitch ball at the launch, seen it happen.
Holy cow, now that’s a list. Lol!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still not everything.

Stainless Steel Screws, nuts and bolts, 5200, 4200, lock tite, Tubes, Wake Boards. A Trailer Scale, Two Boating Cabinets for Garage, an orbital polisher, tire chocks, more security things, a snap bow cover to mitigate waves coming over in rough water, Electrical wire and connectors. A puupy pad for oil changes, emergency floating flashlights, 2 picnic table umbrellas, one for water and one for table leg. Some Seadek, magna grill, extra propane, utensils. Floating Wine Sippy cups, floating keychains with a floating lanyard for around my neck. 5 gallon bucket and 1 gallon bucket. Kids Water Cannon for shooting them or cooling off the seats and floor. 1 Large portable umbrella. Side shades and front shade with clips and zippers.

Stolz Bow Roller is also a must.

And more just can't think of it off the top of my head. I will update the top list when I get the energy to do it.

HockeyPUcX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thank you for the gear list. I have a 2021 195S on order and most of this is applicable to that as well.