• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newer (2020) clean out plug issue

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey gang, been reading around the forum and haven't found a great solution. I have a 2020 212x and have loved it, except the clean out ports. My god do they suck. Essentially after taking them out a few times to clear seaweed or when I get an error, they are very very very hard to get back in. After replacing one over the winter, I realized the gasket has kinda swelled outwards and must be catching or rolling back on itself preventing me from locking in the main mechanism. Not for lack of trying, I promise. Spent 2 hours down there today and still couldn't get it in. Besides the ice trick that didn't work, or lots of lube, any other fixes while I wait for a very hard to find repair kit to show up? Any.... Iffy fixes if you've had success would be welcomed as well as it's a gorgeous weekend here in Jersey and I hate the idea of not being able to use it.

Also wondering if the older gasket will fit the newer models. Essentially, will the F0R-67609-09-00 gasket fit the F3F-67690-00-00 part? They are much easier to find on Amazon lol Btw, I ordered them anyway so if no one has an answer, I should have one by early next week :D

Happy memorial day weekend!

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Update:
Cut about an 1/4 inch off the gasket and put it back in. Fit like a glove lol Insane I have to rig up a 2020 boat but desperate times call for desperate measures 🤷‍♂️ About to go out on the lake. Will report back in ~6 hrs with either smiles or frowns 😂

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Didn’t have any issue. I didn’t run the boat flat out but there was no noticeable leak or vibrations or anything. Waiting on the new gaskets to come in. Cheers ya’ll.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nice - I have a 2020 and every season I use some pool gasket lube and coat the rubber part of the gasket. Then I clean the area the gasket sits in really well. I leave my plugs in all season, only taking them out after each day at the ramp to let the water out. No issues on my fourth season.