• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nice rubber traction mats for your trailer...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After seeing these in @GoVols01 's winch handle mod thread I knew these were exactly what I've been looking for. I was going to go with SeaDek pieces but Will doesn't provide precut pieces for the trailer. He does sell scrap grab bag pieces but I wanted something longer. So these EPDM mats look like they will provide nice traction on surfaces that I constantly use, especially with as much solo boating as I do.

I had originally looked in the boating section of Walmart, then Automotive until finally finding them by the receivers and hitches section (duh). You'll get two per a pack. I plan on using one on the top of the winch and then I will cut two of them in half and use them along the tops of the trailer frame where I walk the boat down off the trailer on launch. My trailer has textured areas on top of the fenders but you could also place trimmed pieces there if you wanted to.

IMG_9024.JPG IMG_9025.JPG IMG_9026.JPG IMG_9027.JPG IMG_9028.JPG IMG_9029.JPG IMG_9030.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I'm sure folks can get them cheaper online. I was in the area so figured I'd snag them while out.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, that’s the same stuff I used. It works well, durable and cheap.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Winch top piece trimmed and installed. If you want the instructions for rolling a new strap I suggest taking the picture prior to install as it will cover it up.

IMG_9032.JPG IMG_9033.JPG IMG_9034.JPG IMG_9035.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I trimmed some pieces 1 1/2" wide for the tops of the trailer frame. Not sure if I will space them out or not. Leaning towards spacing then out.

IMG_9036.JPG IMG_9037.JPG
IMG_9039.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Forgot to show the final result after paying close attention where I usually put my feet on the trailer at the ramp when loading and unloading. I put some pieces around swing away brake master cylinder cap and along both sides of the front frames so I can load/unload either side. These things have been great all summer and have not shown any signs of lifting from the adhesive. Cheap, simple mod for safer loading especially if you solo boat often!
IMG_9670.JPG IMG_9671.JPG