• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NMEA Data 2018 AR195

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I decided to go with a chartplotter that can display engine data. Is there an output connector somewhere in the engine compartment? I looked everywhere today and didn't see a spare connector. I see there is a data cable available, but it may be only for the outboards.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
many have tried and no one has been successful linking our engines to NEMA2k display on chart plotters.

even some literature says they can, the outboards can, the same YDS software program that reads the outboards reads our engines but doesn't,

If you figure it out you'll make a lot of members happy,

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I did a broader search and found there are some brighter minds than mine will ever be working on this. I even ordered the Yamaha data cable in anticipation of an easy 2-click connection and then electronic engine guage bliss forvever. Should have realized nothing that cool would be easy.

I bow to their prowess and will now retreat back to my coloring book!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The data coming off the engines through the N2K plug (That I found in the rear of the under seat storage area on the starboard side) does not speak a normal network language. its a proprietary Yamaha language. Thus my GO7 cannot understand it. Pity since all the data im looking for is there. Fuel level, fuel usage, engine temp, engine hours, rpm... someone with a skill at coding could figure out and create a "translator" but that's not me. Not worth the money to purchase and install a new sensor for each of these functions for about $100 each, so my GO7 is GPS and fishfinder....