• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

No Dealer Freight/Fees from Yamaha?

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
So I’ve heard it mentioned from a few people that Yamaha isn’t charging dealers freight or other fees on new stuff.
Anyone have any additional info or can confirm that?

I find that hard to believe but since independent dealers can do whatever the market allows maybe the inventory is high enough they are eating delivery and prep charges

F em' I'm so glad to see this. Hopefully Yamaha's stupid $1500 surcharge is gone as well.

F em' I'm so glad to see this. Hopefully Yamaha's stupid $1500 surcharge is gone as well.
I agree. We ate s%&* last year on fees and we knew it at the time. We'd like to step up to a 25' here before long and I can't wait to be in a position to negotiate again. No f-in way am I paying dealer prep ever again (because now we already have a nice, reliable boat and can wait it out).

Unfortunately as the new prices come down, the used prices are doing the same, and moving pretty quickly I am seeing.

Unfortunately as the new prices come down, the used prices are doing the same, and moving pretty quickly I am seeing.

No doubt used prices are coming down. Most likely we'll consider a used boat for our next one with better pricing.

No doubt used prices are coming down. Most likely we'll consider a used boat for our next one with better pricing.

That is what we are thinking........ Unless..... They bring out the Sex appeal on a new Model with some of the rumored changes. Only way they would be able maintain new boat sales I would think. There are a ton of very nice used boats with low hours with decent prices (and falling), that the new Models would have to contend with.

Ok so getting back on topic, can anyone confirm that?

No. No one can confirm that till Monday........... That is the point. Then I would assume that will change depending on how strong sales are....... No sales, discount and fee reduction/freight. Strong sales I am sure they fees will stay.

Freight was around $1500 from a dealer that was not gouging, so if it is true, it would definitely be a discount on the OTD but it's not going to change the world or crash the used boat market. Dealers that were gouging, they will just come up with another line item like we've seen on some of the quotes... rigging, admin fee, water test fee...

I can see them holding the MSRP because there was a pretty big increase last year.

I'm wondering if the will keep the 19' (which seems to fit in a standard garage) or move to a 20'.

There are a lot of used boats on the market, right now.

It will be interesting to see the number and prices on boats next month as the season winds down.

Jim

Going to be a buyers market for quite some time I would think

I went to look at a 2018 242LS-E at my local dealer and they didn’t really want to budge on price. As I was chatting with the sales guy he mentioned that the boat was missing the rudder and it would take 3-4 weeks for it to come in. On top of that, they wanted to charge a “dealer prep” fee of $1500. I’m assuming that they are trying to recoup the cost of the missing rudder and are waiting for someone stupid enough to bite. At that point I walked out - the boat is still for sale. They still think it’s a sellers market or they gave too much on the trade for this particular boat.

I've been looking for a used boat for a while....I feel like holding for the right deal at this point. It surely appears the prices are dropping and rather quickly.

As far as dealers gouging. Just remember all the dealers were 25-50% of the typical required inventory to sell. They need to make money. I want them in business when I go to get my serviced.

Yeah, I don't blame dealers for their prices and fees. Less Inventory, less parts, etc. Means they need to find a way to get their income.

Going to be a buyers market for quite some time I would think
Yeah, you and I think would think so but for some unknown reason people keep spending like it's negative interest rates and their millionaire grandma just passed away leaving everything to the only grandchild.

Yeah, you and I think would think so but for some unknown reason people keep spending like it's negative interest rates and their millionaire grandma just passed away leaving everything to the only grandchild.

You make a valid point. I just figure that maybe enough of the stupid has been dragged out of people......

That is what we are thinking........ Unless..... They bring out the Sex appeal on a new Model with some of the rumored changes. Only way they would be able maintain new boat sales I would think. There are a ton of very nice used boats with low hours with decent prices (and falling), that the new Models would have to contend with.

We had a 23 model on order, but cancelled before arrival. ETA kept getting pushed back, plus the Yamaha seemed to keep cutting out items like floor mats, chart plotter and the bow table that were listed at time of order. I seriously doubt Yamaha will lower prices, but we will see. A used boat definitely seems like the way to go if someone's in the market.

So I’ve heard it mentioned from a few people that Yamaha isn’t charging dealers freight or other fees on new stuff.
Anyone have any additional info or can confirm that?

There was an official letter floating around from Yamaha, and it was around the release of the 2024 dirt line. From what I had read it only applied to dirt vehicles at the time. This was not the case for snowmobile orders, as they were back in April. Boat orders are still up in the air, as they will be announced at the dealer meeting later this month.

I think folks are being optimistic, but we have already seen a number of Yamaha dealers "drop" freight and setup to spur business prior to the dealer meeting. This was starting in July. Of course, other dealers have left those charges and dropped below MSRP. It's all in the wash, but the final number was probably close to the same.

We will know before September if Yamaha includes new boats as well. Keep in mind, they will not retract it from 2023 models already delivered, as that charge was already passed along to the dealer.

Back