• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No drain tube on cupholder over batteries?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
252SE. I was doing a general check today and noticed the cupholder right over the batteries (see circle in pic) had no drain tube connected and there wasn't one to be found anywhere (i.e., it doesn't appear to have just fallen off). Anyone else experience this? Seems like one place you'd definitely want one. Guess I'll DIY it.20210601_122300.jpg

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is unfortunately normal. No drains on the midship cup holders. Only the ones forward and aft. Some folks installed new tubes and others just sealed them shut.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for confirming. Glad I found it now before my kids spilled a whole drink in there or something.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
252SE. I was doing a general check today and noticed the cupholder right over the batteries (see circle in pic) had no drain tube connected and there wasn't one to be found anywhere (i.e., it doesn't appear to have just fallen off). Anyone else experience this? Seems like one place you'd definitely want one. Guess I'll DIY it.
No drains on my 212s either. But doesn't your battery tray have a cover?

Charger.jpg

Note the large black cover over the batteries...I could spray water in there and not have an issue, amp and charger are both water resistant The only concern for me is if the amount of water started to soak the compartment and fill up over the batteries causing a short, but for that to happen I'd be more concerned with sinking and survival.
:D

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just added tubing and ran it into the engine compartment

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 152825

Note the large black cover over the batteries...I could spray water in there and not have an issue, amp and charger are both water resistant The only concern for me is if the amount of water started to soak the compartment and fill up over the batteries causing a short, but for that to happen I'd be more concerned with sinking and survival.
This issue is that the moisture eventually turns into moldy, stained and stinky environment for the compartments.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

View attachment 152825

Interesting. I have a tray but it doesn't have a cover like that. I may need to look back in that space again to make sure I'm not missing anything. If no cover exists, I think I'm just going to put a drop of sealant in the cupholder over the batteries to plug the drain hole.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Interesting. I have a tray but it doesn't have a cover like that. I may need to look back in that space again to make sure I'm not missing anything.
I wonder if the cover is just pushed to the back of the compartment or if they forgot to put it back in? Mine has 5 bolts that the cover goes over with wingnuts to lock it down - the angle of the pic above doesn't show the wingnuts, but it's fixed in place.
I think I'm just going to put a drop of sealant in the cupholder over the batteries to plug the drain hole.
I did that...some black silicone in each holder so none of them leak. Behind the helm there is a drain tube for the one holder in the dash, but I disconnected it and sealed the holder there too.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unfortunately This isn’t new. I had a 2006 sx230ho and have a 2010 242 ls, neither had any drainage tubes in any of their cup holders. My 242 came with two batteries under the cup holder and no battery covers. I believe this is just the way yamaha does it/doesn’t do it.