• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No more perfect pass for 2004?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apparently i might have waited too long. It's there any way to buy a speed control for these old school throttle controlled boats? I'll pay whatever.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ridesteady?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The throttle of certain MR1s is mechanically controlled by the cables, vs computer controlled via signal from APS

SX230s up to 2009 are mechanically controlled and so the currently produced RideSteady And PerfectPass are not compatible.

Sorry.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PerfectPass used to make a system that worked but several people have asked and they have no plans to ever produce it again. I planned to create a similar system that would work with Ridesteady but moving and being busy at work have prevented that from happening. Hope to get to it after this boating season.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have Perfect Pass, but started a thread a year or two ago discussing options for people who “missed the boat” on that. I forget all the options discussed, but it was clearly not going to be a very easy undertaking. We discussed upgrading throttle system to the newer drive by wire, but it seemed like there were large hurdles at every option. Ultimately, it seems to me that your best bet is to keep a sharp eye out for a used Perfect Pass system, and pounce when the opportunity arises.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to get the president of PP to make a few more, or sell me some of the pieces, but it was a no go. Might have to get a ar250 to solve this problem.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length