• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

No more trailering!

Thanks Mikey. Its a Max lift. The canopy is raised nearly to it's height limit. If I push the tow point right to the roof the boat is about 12 inches out of the water, so I have enough vertical room. The canopy is a little more open on the entrance end to allow the tower to pass. I may elect to do the optional canopy valance extensions so that I have 3 more feet of coverage all around the boat. Or I may not. Havent decided. With the canopy so high, and the vertical space limited by the tower, there is some loss of side coverage whereas a boat without a tower can be tucked right up into the canopy.

@motorboater ......... As a lift owner for now 8 years, I "get" all of what you wrote.
And agree with all of that. Especially on "coverage" and "protection."
On docking, all I can say is remember: It is YOUR boat. There is no shame in FLOATING in your boat (to aand onto thelift. But please, by all means, do not attempt to "drive' it in.
That is something you cannot do with a lift. Or at least should not.
Happy Memorial Day upcoming to you.

@motorboater There is no shame in FLOATING in your boat (to aand onto thelift. But please, by all means, do not attempt to "drive' it in.
That is something you cannot do with a lift. Or at least should not

/QUOTE]

Gotta side with MikeyL on this one, I reverse into our lift and just a little momentum is too much. Dinged the starboard side on the stern just under the rubrail Saturday because I powered in just a bit too far and bounced off one of the lift arms. Gouged the gelcoat, bummer.
Never approach something faster than you want to hit it.

Great set-up I am envious of your canopy.

Our lift is on very open water and subject to wind, current and wake traffic. We float on ours as well ... driving the boat on was just too dicey even in calm conditions which we rarely have and we almost always are returning after dark. Your boat is quite a bit heavier than mine but I am sure with some trial and error you will find a routine that works for you.

Back