• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No more wet engine compartment foam.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I finally broke down and installed some gutter drains in the engine compartment area. The water never drains at the back of the gutter for the engine cover. Therefore the foam in that area is always wet. I ended up finding some small drains and installed one in each corner. Simply rain them down into the back of the bildge compartment. So hopefully that solves that problem.

Attachments

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great idea! All of the gutters on the boat are a pain and always dirty.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have part numbers or links for those? Would like to add those to my AR190 in a few places.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll see if I can come up with one. I found them at a local marine store that has just ton's of misc items

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally a nice warm day in lower Michigan. Spent the entire day on the water. Drains work perfect all the gutters with drains were bone dry as well as all the compartments stayed dry.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I did the same thing about a year ago in the corner near the battery tray. Just check it on occasion. Mine got clogged with some debris.

Jordonn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did the same thing about a year ago in the corner near the battery tray. Just check it on occasion. Mine got clogged with some debris.
Do you have a pic of where you drilled? Was just thinking about this, when spraying everything down, it’s a pain to soak up all the water bc there is no place for the water to go to.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'll try to remember to take it on Friday when I go to the boat, which is now sold! But, if you're facing the open engine compartment, I did it about 6" away from the far right corner in the channel that holds the water. I found the water tends to collect at the back of the tray.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll take a couple pic tomorrow morning

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Attached are a few pics of where I placed my drains. I kept everything on the inside as to make it easier to drain them to the engine compartment. The other option which is the better option is to tie them into the main side self bailing drains. Hope this helps. The only compartment I did not install a drain on was the live well. That one will take some extra thought.

Attachments

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Guess I also will be looking for some of these... what were they called on the package?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'll try to remember to take it on Friday when I go to the boat, which is now sold! But, if you're facing the open engine compartment, I did it about 6" away from the far right corner in the channel that holds the water. I found the water tends to collect at the back of the tray.
@Grover70

You sold your boat?
Did you get another one?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well unfortunately I can't provide anyone with a part number. The place I bought them at simply has all kinds of misc fittings and these were sitting in a tray.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just google "thru hull fitting" All shape & sizes. The one @Tailwaters shows looks pretty similar to a Rule Model Number: 61S with 3/4" hose barb.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Wanting to keep
Installed drains on the battery and jump seat gutters last night. No more stading water.
Well unfortunately I can't provide anyone with a part number. The place I bought them at simply has all kinds of misc fittings and these were sitting in a tray.
So spent a bit of the day looking for these locally. Most were freaking huge. Can you tell me what the diameter of your fittings are? What size hose barbs they have?