• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No oil on dip stick

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the engines haven’t been run in a while…should I expect to see oil on the dip stick?

best method for checking oil levels?

Thanks!

If the engines haven’t been run in a while…should I expect to see oil on the dip stick?

best method for checking oil levels?

Thanks!
You would have to level the engines if your on the trailer or you will have a hard time seeing the oil level. I have the same boat. You can let your trailer down in the front and see if you have enough play to level the boat. We are also supposed to check oil when warm so you could warm it up on the hose if you can’t drop it in the water. The manual says to check it in the water, witch isn’t always optimal I know.

Back