• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No power at dashboard instrument cluster

Beerock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2015 scarab 255

Hello

No start/no crank/ no instrument cluster activity

Im getting 2 volts at the 10amp ignition fuse under the instrumdnt cluster with the keys in the on position. (12.5 v key off)

I jumpered battery voltage to that fuse (ignition 10a) and the dashboard lit up.

I found the same voltage on a few of the other under dash power wires as well (switches for bilge , blower , lights).

I jumpered in a good ground into the under dash circuit also with no change.

Work done already:
Swapped known fully charged good battery
Clean tight batt connections
All fuses and panel breakers good
Swapped the 4 relays around and bench tested them for click (just ordered 4 new ones also will arrive soon)

If anyone can assist or post a wiring diagram It would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had a circuit breaker go bad and caused a very similar issue. Check voltage on both back terminals of the top left one.....you may find it’s looks good on the front but it’s not. Replaced mine last week actually

Beerock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for your input! I will look into it.

I had originally checked the voltage for all of them, but the circuits were not under load (key on).

I also remember seeing a little corrosion on one of them.

If you have a minute, Where did you get the parts and how much was it? Im new to the boat world (was an auto mechanic before).

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Amazon. it was less than $10 for a replacement breaker. Circuits don't have to be on but you should have 12v on both sides of breaker. Mine would drop out with a small wiggle. sometimes when I would go to start it there would be nothing. Takes about 10m to fully replace it. Not a hard project at all.