• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No power to starboard engine

jasgro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a new to me 2012 AR 240 and we have had it out several times now. We were at Lake Powell Utah this past week and the starboard motor kept cutting out and eventually wouldn't turn over at all, like there was no power. I would let it sit for a few hours and then it would start up again??? I check all of my power connections and fuses but everything was good. I even switched the ignition switches thinking it could be that but had no luck. Any thoughts on how best to diagnose?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When it does run, is it smooth & normal running? Have you checked the oil? Is it over full, milky? Check the cleanout hatch switch for proper adjustment

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could also try checking spark plugs and make sure they are the factory recommended, gapped to specification, and properly torqued. Also make sure ignition coils are properly seated on plugs. I would also disconnect and reconnect battery. I think it helps to reboot the ECU in case of a code issue.

jasgro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could also try checking spark plugs and make sure they are the factory recommended, gapped to specification, and properly torqued. Also make sure ignition coils are properly seated on plugs. I would also disconnect and reconnect battery. I think it helps to reboot the ECU in case of a code issue.
Thanks for the insight, I will check them out tonight.

jasgro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When it does run, is it smooth & normal running? Have you checked the oil? Is it over full, milky? Check the cleanout hatch switch for proper adjustment
Runs normal as far as i can remember. Forgive my lack of knowledge but what would cause the oil to be milky and how would that effect how it runs?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sounds more like your starter relay - next time it happens, try just holding the key on start, even though there's nothing happening, for a minute. If it eventually turns over, usually that means your starter relay (not starter) is failing or has corrosion on it.