• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No spark on cylinder #1

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So I have no spark on #1 cylinder. I pulled the injectors and tested everything. Each coil pack works but none work on cylinder #1. Spark plug also works on all except #1. At this point, it has to be an electrical issue somewhere behind the coil.

Before I go ripping the harness apart, any thoughts? The wires do not seem loose at the connector either. 200 hours 2015 AR190 (1.8L NA).

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Are the wire harnesses long enough to swap?
Doesn't change anything. The plug @ cylinder #1 isn't firing the coil. I moved the coils around. C1 coil works on all others. All other coils don't work on C1 and same with the plugs so that means the issue is from the connector on back.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your are going to need a multi meter to test voltage at the wire harness to the coil.............and a peak voltage adapter for the multi meter makes things easer. First without the peak voltage adapter just use meter to see if you have 12v coming from the Batt to coil on all wires. The Peak adapter can be found on Amazon around 36 dollars or eBay it comes with meter for 39 dollars. Your testing wires from coil to pick up coil to EMC computer..........before doing all the testing with meter just pull all the connectors and clean them with electronic spray and a a dab of dielectric electric grease going back together never hurt.

Photos are out of my service manual HOPE this helps a little...I hate corrosions and electrical problems.

Attachments

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for those pics. Will give it a go if I have time tomorrow.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well, it turned out to be the 3 pin female connector on the wiring harness. I stripped back the wires just past the connector and rigged up some shit to the coil. Had spark again. Put the connector back on, no spark.

Now to try and source the connector but in the meantime, I should be able to keep it rigged up to go out.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I found the connector but holy shit. OReilly in town wants $105 for it! This place wants $75! Insanity.

Actually, I just found this. Looks like it is the same. I will order one and see how it goes and report back as this seems to be a little more common of an issue.

Last edited:

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you cross reference the connector visually or were there other markings on it that clued you in as well?

It has come to my attention in the past that there are very few Yamaha specific parts on these boats.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah. It looks like it might work hopefully. I have one coming from Amazon and should be here Thursday. No markings on the connector at all.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just to update for those who might have the same issue. The above part works. I picked it up from Amazon for faster shipping @ $10 shipped. Spliced it in and no issues!

Got it installed today and took the boat out. Runs like a champ again. I think the connection may have been fading. I haven't hit 7700rpm in a bit and it was holding there today. Hit 41mph with 2 adults (about 350 lbs) and all my gear/stereo equipment/batteries.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks ........great job its nice to know a good reference on the injector plug I wish we has a sticky thread so we could list parts like this that would help in the future when someone is looking.........I just found the fuel rail couplers they are the same as the fuel tank couplers....I was needing these couplers because Yamaha did not put a Schrader valve on the fuel line or injector rail to read the fuel pump pressure. They are 7.89-7.85mm quick connectors. A quick 11 bucks and I have both male&female to make a Schrader valve test rig.