• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Wake mode Check engine alarm

mohammad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello brothers … I hope someone have a solution for my issue that is the check engine alarm Show on my screen and when I take it to the dealer they told me that no wake mode have an issue but When he program it It’s hidden on my screen and then one day after I’ve started the motor and the alarm have been returned it’s show me a port check engine .
Anyone have an idea what’s going on and have a solution for this issue ?105578

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The light/alarm doesn't give us much to go off of. What does your engine diagnostics screen show?

Shooting completely off the hip, with extremely limited information, I noticed your fuel is very low. If you have any water in the tank, it could cause misfires, check engine lights, or any number of issues. I suggest you fuel up and see if it resolves the problem. If so, get you a few bottles of HEET to remove the water.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Check engine could be a multitude of things that's hard to read without a YDS controller. I'd turning off the batteries, let them sit for a few minutes to reboot the system, then try to isolate it and try idling manually at about 1800-2200RPM. See if the check engine comes back on without NW mode on. Then try it again with NW Mode on, and see if the alarm trips

When I first read this thread, I was also thinking it may be cavitation at a low speed. With the boat on the trailer, look up under that intake and see if there's anything that may be causing cavitation (rogue fishing line maybe)? Also check the coolant intake strainer and verify it's clear. Maybe it's running warmer but not hot enough to trip an overheat?

Ad @Dan_NC above said, try filling your tank and adding fuel additive to remove any possible water in the fuel system.

Without more data, this is just a guess on a couple of things to try that don't cost anything.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the exact same problem with my SX240. Took it to the dealer 2 or 3 times they couldn't figure it out but they figured out it's the connecting control with the big round knob. There was a badd connection in that system that caused it. Take it off the wires make sure they're clean put a back on it might clear it out. I'm not sure if they completely replace mine or just cleaned it and reattached it.

mohammad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Actually i've change the batteries because it was show me a low-voltage and it was set for three years without changing it or recharge it because I support my boat with the three batteries so all of the batteries is a new for know and I've checked the terminals it was on a great condition and I do a lot of search and I have reached to something that's my screen system Control show me A diagnostic code 76 for the port Engine and all I know is this code is a no wake switch and there is a green wire it support the switch but in the meanwhile I didn’t figure the local of the Green wire I doubt it is on the engine compartment i’ve talk to the dealer and he said you should do a YDS and check if it is the same issue code this is my beginning check and I should wait for the dealer to tell me if it is or not I hope I figured it105871View attachment 105872105874

Last edited:

mohammad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've do a yds for the boat and just exactly what I say it is 76 error code .
But there is one more thing that I Can't local The three condition a irregular signal . So Please if anyone know the location for these Signal I'd be thankful for him ✋🏽106114106115

Last edited:

mohammad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone found the solution to this issue? My 2016 SX 240 is showing code 76 for starboard engine.
Yes I find the solution to that issue ... these is a pic for all the errors code : BB8031ED-5D5C-4D5B-83AD-6DD4EF71563C.png
And it is showing that the 76 is the wake / Cruise Switch is damaged ... i find it in the starboard wall near the air filter there is a connect that have a 3 pin and end with a black heat cover inside of it there is a resistor
It is hold a ( 2.2alfa ) ohm ... so u have to make a new wire with new resistor and sealed it nicely and be caution to what wire go were to reconnect again exactly the same . ( that what happened to me and that is my solution after searching ) these is some pic i photo it to that wire
D1621EBA-AE01-4357-8E8D-80F71C454F8E.png297DC580-D04A-4981-B41F-C2166CA142E4.pngF9822E57-56A7-4E4C-9D7D-CFC61A4588EF.jpeg1E366A9C-813A-413A-8A79-E4C2FCC9E040.jpeg

Attachments

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mohammad Good work! I think it is called an 'end of the line resistor.'

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe a moderator can add to the thread title engine code 76 so any search will bring this to the top of the list

i find it in the starboard wall near the air filter there is a connect that have a 3 pin and end with a black heat cover inside of it there is a resistor
It is hold a ( 2.2alfa ) ohm ... so u have to make a new wire with new resistor and sealed it nicely and be caution to what wire go were to reconnect again exactly the same . ( that what happened to me and that is my solution after searching ) these is some pic i photo it to that wire

typically resistors may be labeled 2.2k ohms I’m not sure what alpha was it would have been good to measure the resistance of the resistor to see if the resistor failed or it was the wire connection.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mohammad Can you tell us where you got the replacement resistor from?

Terry Pittman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you so much for your post. I had the same error code 76 and I used your post to fix it. It only cost me .07 cents. I had to order 100 of them so it really cost me $7. But I did remove the old heat shrink and cut the old resistor out and soldered and new one in and replaced the heat shrink. I took the boat out today and the error was cleared and the no wake and cruise worked great.

Attachments

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Newbie to jetboaters and first post.
Wow! Same issue on my 2015 242. Port engine Diagnostic Code 76. Found the connector on the starboard side, unplugged and replugged and problem gone. Thanks Mohammad for doing the heavy lifting. Will be looking at the connector for corrosion and its ohmage to see if terminating resistor is per spec, but this is definitely the solution to this issue.

OTM

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great Post. Had the same issue on my 2016 242LS. I wanted to get the boat out for some wake surfing before it got too cold. When we test fired the engine before heading to the lake, the port engine had an error code 76, and noticed that the no wake buttons were not working (but were for the starboard engine). We unplugged and plugged the connector on the port side. That cleared the error. Then we had to start the engines and turn them off, three cycles, which got rid of the alarm code and we were on our way.

Great post - saved me a trip to the mechanic!
Demo