• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No wake mode vibration.

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So strange vibration noise coming when boat is put into no wake mode.this is the first time boat is out this season. Engine was fogged and gas stabilized, so not sure if i have to burn through that gas to sound normal.When driving with throttle pressed noise is gone...Any ideas??? (On lake wallenpaupack)

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everything vibrates on these boats. I stuffed my steering cable into a pool noodle where it rides under the floor plate and on top of the gas tank. Thats helped a little. The helm gets a vibration that finds an annoying resonance. Every year I work a little more to quiet this boat, and every year I find more things making noise.

Last edited:

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did notice when i checked the plug on swim deck it was filled with water .im hoping plug wasn't seated right...back on water tomorrow , we will see!!!thanks for response!!!

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is pretty typical, my boat does it too and every other single engine 1.8 I have been on does it in NWM. What I have found is that if you push the throttle forward to completely raise the reverse bucket (instead of the 2/3 setting just off of neutral), it calms down considerably. When I run low speed in manual at the same RPM, it is significantly less as well.

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, still getting a feel for this, and all of sudden you hear something I start to think the worst..thanks.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Normal if you're talking about No Wake Mode setting 3. At that RPM it's just a sweet spot for harmonic vibrations IMO. As soon as you go a hair more or less RPM it's gone.

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can NWM be adjusted to different RPM points?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think it's adjustable other than the 3 settings we have. Maybe Ridesteady or PP would work but I don't know if you have to have the throttle beyond the first detent or not.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine does it bad as well. NWM at setting 2 or 3 makes the storage area cubby rattle terribly. I cut a small piece of foam I had sitting around and stuck it to the corner of the door to keep that from happening.

Seems like every outing I find another source and have to find a remedy for it. Overall minor complaints though.

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my Boat NWM setting 2 or 3 is the sweet spot. On setting 1 the whole boat vibrates.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Want to see something funny you should open the engine hatch while in NWM. You could turn the engine into a paint shaker at those RPMs. They move a lot with the rubber motor mounts. Imagine the vibes we would feel if they were solid mounted lol

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad i found this thread,,this 2019 AR 240 is so much noisier than my old SR 210...i thought something was loose

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Man I have the shakes at 1900 rpm. A touch more or less no problem.

That cavitation rattles my fillings..

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That RPM rattles the steering and other hardlines that run under the flooring. I took pool noodles and ran my lines through them. they can rattle all they want now, at least i can't hear them.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NWM 2 -2000 rpm is my bad rattle spot. I'll have to do the noodle trick this winter. Some things I get used about the boat, but bad rattles still get on my nerves. It's done it since day one. At least it's bone dry, that would bother me more.