• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Wake Mode <won't engage-adjust throttle stop screw>

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The law states your suppose to drive the slowest speed possible while maintaining control so some ppl drive faster than others. I’m doing 5000 rpms just so I don’t get run over by everyone.

Rigoberto Moreno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I get that part, but still my feels like going super slow and when I try to set alease just a 1/2 mike per hrs faster, not sure if it supposed to do a one engine or both engene supposed to be at the same RPM at all times.

Thanks

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you boating in fresh or salt water? I mostly boat in the ocean and it feels like I’m barely moving but in a lake with no current it feels fast at idle.

Rigoberto Moreno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
this boating in a fresh water in a lake, it feel like just barely moving.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rigoberto Moreno
As marvin asked above we need to know what rpms are at neutral setting and when no wake is engaged,

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after installing Perfect pass in my AR230HO (2-3 yrs ago?), I had this issue crop up with the no wake not staying active. It was intermittent at first but lately it was not working at all. So just prior to launching at Powell I pulled up this thread and refreshed my memory on what to do and after launching popped the airbox off and adjusted the torx with pliers slightly. I actually adjusted both port and starboard to match the RPM's. It worked every time this trip! Many thanks for the simple fix for this issue!

Cheers,
Toby

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This forum is awesome, Ive had a few jet boats before, but never this problem. It works like a charm now after adjusting the stop.

Georgebanos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just sharing...hope this helps with no wake problems.

"I have had intermittent no wake mode issues for the last three years on my 2006 AR230 HO and I know a lot of other people have had similar issues with varying results of troubleshooting. The starboard engine has been working but for the last full year my port engine no wake mode would not work at all so today i dove in to try and fix it.
The steps I took:
Charged both batteries... didn't work.
Changed the spark plugs..... didn't work.
Swapped the switches to see if one switch was bad..... didn't work.
Swapped by-pass valve motors (circled in upper right corner below) between engines.... didn't work
Adjusted throttle screw circled in the center of the below picture.... GREAT SUCCESS!
I believe it is the throttle stop screw. I rotated it less than a quarter turn in the counter-clockwise direction and now my no-wake mode engages like a champion. If I rotate the screw just a little back in the clockwise direction the no-wake mode will engage for a couple seconds and then quit. If I rotate the screw back to its original position it will not engage at all and shows no indication that it is even trying. You will need the T25 bit in the second picture below to adjust the screw or just a pair of pliers...."

View attachment 10300
Thank you for s Sharing your experience
I recently bought a boat and one of the engine was not engaging the No
Wake mode i ajuste the screw And work right away. Thank you so much🙏🏼