• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No water from pissers

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I upgraded to the SVHO IC over the winter. I just pulled the boat out in the driveway to do some cleaning. I hooked up the hose, started the engine, turned the hose on and after running for 2-3 min, there's still no water coming out of either pisser. Should I be seeing water come out while running in the driveway or do I need to actually be on the lake and get the engine to full temp before water comes out?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I never see water from the pissers when connected to the flush ports.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I upgraded to the SVHO IC over the winter. I just pulled the boat out in the driveway to do some cleaning. I hooked up the hose, started the engine, turned the hose on and after running for 2-3 min, there's still no water coming out of either pisser. Should I be seeing water come out while running in the driveway or do I need to actually be on the lake and get the engine to full temp before water comes out?
It will depend on your water pressure.
But there should be water coming out through the pump.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Likely not your issue but I have had some insects that move clay around clog the pissers on my boat. a cable tie can be used to clean the hole out and break up the clay.

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I was just nervous that I should have seen water come out with the hose hooked up. Water is definitely coming out of the pump. I ran two new lines from the SVHO and installed all new anodized pissers so I know the line isn't clogged. Just to check, I disconnected the hoses at the SVHO and there is not water coming out of either connector. Just wanted to be sure.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you removed the hoses at the SVHO intercooler and didn't see anything come out (not even a drip?) be sure to double check you installed the water feed line at the bottom of the intercooler and that there are no kinks.

Typically I've found it takes about 70 psi water pressure at your home before you start seeing water come out the pissers. When I first got my boat and hooked it up to flush in my driveway I was concerned no water was making its way through so I bought a water pressure gage you hook up to the spigot and then adjusted water pressure at the regulator.

More than likely you're fine and will see plenty of water flow when the boat is in the water.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Like @swatski said, it is mst likely the water pressure from the house spigot. I ran into the same thing when I upgraded to my SVHO IC. I had to take it to the lake to test it for some peace of mind.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I never see water out of mine on the hose(comes out of the pump just fine), I also don't see water out of mine at idle. Only time water comes out is when I give it gas.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I agree it depends on the water pressure. I do get water out of mine after about 30 seconds of running.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is what mine looked like at 70 psi at the hose.

image.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You not worried about other things in your house with the pressure up that high? Isn't it supposed to be like 53-55 PSI?
I ran it like that for 2+ years and no issues. The pipes in homes are built to 80 psi so as long as you don't go that high you should be fine. Does This House Have Good Water Pressure? - via @Redfin

However now that we've sold the boat I will likely back it down to 60 psi or so. I like a nice, strong shower water pressure so I don't care to go too low.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ran it like that for 2+ years and no issues. The pipes in homes are built to 80 psi so as long as you don't go that high you should be fine. Does This House Have Good Water Pressure? - via @Redfin

However now that we've sold the boat I will likely back it down to 60 psi or so. I like a nice, strong shower water pressure so I don't care to go too low.
I increased mine up to 55 psi from 50, but when I changed my water pressure regulator it had all kinds of warnings about too high of pressure. My wife would love more pressure for the shower. The extra 5 psi didn't do much.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A few years ago I had to replace our regulator and I went with one that had a working range of 25-75 psi with a Max of 400 psi @ 180 degrees (that is the safety factor built into them and you would never run it that high lol) No issues with it so long as you don’t exceed what it’s design for.

AA081AFA-2803-41F9-B0F6-74D50887A2A8.jpeg