• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NOCO GCP1 Outlet installation

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i feel dumb asking this, but for those who have installed one of these did you seal it with anything? should i use silicone, plumbers putty... nothing??

Attachments

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s my dumb question - what’s this for?
lol, THAT'S my guy right there. you mount the outlet on your boat, connect your onboard battery charger to it and now you have a direct plug for shore power.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nope, no sealant needed. The material is really soft and there is a rubber gasket that should ship with it.

Dave, this is the thru-hull AC outlet with short extension for your onboard charger

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having recently installed one, there's a rubber gasket, so no... you don't have to seal it {dependent on you mounting it on a flat spot}. But, a bead of Life Caulk wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks guys. You made me smarter. I might actually get one.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
As others have said, there's a gasket included no sealant necessary.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just to pile on. As long as you're installing it on a flat plane, the included gasket is all you need.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my FSH210 I mounted mine on the Port side up under the Gunwhale a bit. Easy run to the battery compartment and my Charger.

S2H2O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all. Did some searching and didn’t find much information so thought I would add on to this forum.

New to all this so here’s my dumb question.

I found a Noco 3 Bank charger at a decent price Someone is selling. I only have one battery with plans to add a second. Is there any issue with getting an on board charger that will have an extra unused bank?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi all. Did some searching and didn’t find much information so thought I would add on to this forum.

I found a Noco 3 Bank charger at a decent price Someone is selling. I only have one battery with plans to add a second. Is there any issue with getting an on board charger that will have an extra unused bank?
Should be fine. There should be 3 different battery terminals from the charger. Just leave the other 2 disconnected... maybe tape the ends for kicks. It should just activate the one in use.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Just connect all three banks to the single battery, I have a three bank charger but only run two batteries so I doubled up the leads on one of them.