• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NOCO Genius / Which one to get

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
low amp charge is always better unless you always need quick charging, so I'd recommend the 5amp. Also get 2 bank charger if you have house battery.

It depends on your needs. Also if you plan on adding another battery later, you may want to get a two bank now and just not use the second bank. If you think you may be depleting the battery and need to get it back up quicker than go with the 10 amp. Otherwise the 5 amp is fine. I use the 4 bank 10 amp NOCO GENPRO and it is fantastic, but I have 4 batteries.

(HangOutdoors and I replied at the same time) The question back to the OP is what do you want to do, that will determine what charger/maintainer you get.

If you are putting a maintainer/trickle charger on in the off season, anything 2-5a will serve the purpose. But if you drain your battery down using electronics or trolling motors, you need no less than 10a per bank to put a full charge on overnight at the dock or storage.

The multi bank chargers are best for 2 or more batteries, as the charger is smart enough to treat each bank separate. A bank could be 1 battery of a certain type, or multiple batteries of the same type. For example, I may have 1 starting battery and one deep cycle. The two bank charger is smart enough to charge each bank correctly.

Or I may have one bank of deep cycle batteries, and the charger will treat them as one big AGM bank etc.

If you think you may be adding an upgraded stereo with amps etc, spend the money now on a 2 bank charger that can provide at least 10a per bank, or you are just wasting money. That being said, if you only boat one day per week, and you have the week to leave a charger on the system, you could drop to lower amperage like 5. Just don't expect it to get everything topped off over night if you so choose to.

Don't forget the thru-hull outlet. It's an amazing convenience. Good luck!

I will most likely keep it to just 1 battery but I see the benefit of getting a 2 bank just in case. This will be to charge up the battery before heading out on Sundays. I usually keep the boat at home in the garage

Most of us with the 19ft end up adding a battery at some point. If you ever want to upgrade electronics or just have piece of mind. I would recommend at least 2 bank.

Back