• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

North Texas Rain

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lots of rain and hail coming through. Should be good for the local lakes

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It went right by us. I watched in form on my last flight today. Pretty good looking thunderhead going dfw way. Hope you get lots of rain!!

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We received some heavy rain and light hail. The tornado alarms went off for a bit. All I could think about was please raise the lake levels. Please!!!!!

edsr23

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't say that I entirely miss the Texas weather but, we could use some of that rain out here in Vegas! I have been out here for 10 years and the water level @Lake Mead has dropped about 150ft!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You should have seen the departure westbound out of DFW @jawsf16 . It was a 185 heading to 3000' with a right right turn not really inside the wx...was a rough ride and had I not been hand flying, I would have snapped a few pics. Huge and dumping rain and hail! Glad we got out!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I hope no one got any damage, one if
My kiddos had golf ball sized hail!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn! I think it was raining like an inch in 5 minutes here! That was some of the heaviest rain I have seen in a while! Few small pieces of hail not bad here in Corinth. I basically threw $40 down the drain by spreading fertilizer on the lawn Wednesday..... I saw reports of softball size hail in Denton and towns East of Denton.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My Denali is not looking so good this morning. I was volunteering at the Police Station when the hail opened up.

Thankfully we didn't get hail at the house though.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Christy & I didn't get any hail. But it looks like @miketke did!

Stole these from his wife's facebook page...

1.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

Hope you guys didn't get any damage!!!

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cory , I live over by Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in McKinney. We got hammered, but it was all pea sized hail. Check out the homemade hail cover I made for my truck. My neighbors were laughing at me. It's a combo of sleeping bags, air mattress, and my shipping cover for my boat. LOL!!!! It worked though. No dents.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will be interesting to see what this rain does to LEwisville. I have heard reports they are intentionally keeping the water low for repairs to the damn and also for the bridge construction. Here is a link to real time data. The increased line indicates an increase of .20", then you can see it kind of levels off. I would have thought that rain would bump the level a foot or 2 with that kind of fast volume and runoff.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv?cb_00062=on&format=gif_default&period=7&site_no=08052800

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will be interesting to see what this rain does to LEwisville. I have heard reports they are intentionally keeping the water low for repairs to the damn and also for the bridge construction. Here is a link to real time data. The increased line indicates an increase of .20", then you can see it kind of levels off. I would have thought that rain would bump the level a foot or 2 with that kind of fast volume and runoff.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv?cb_00062=on&format=gif_default&period=7&site_no=08052800
I hope they take advantage of the lake being low and cut off some stumps!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Cory , I live over by Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in McKinney. We got hammered, but it was all pea sized hail. Check out the homemade hail cover I made for my truck. My neighbors were laughing at me. It's a combo of sleeping bags, air mattress, and my shipping cover for my boat. LOL!!!! It worked though. No dents.

You are just up the street then, I'm over off Cottonridge by Westridge Golf Course. We had cars in garages all over our neighborhood, but mine was outside. Its not bad dents, just thousands of little dimples, and in the black paint they show right up.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are just up the street then, I'm over off Cottonridge by Westridge Golf Course. We had cars in garages all over our neighborhood, but mine was outside. Its not bad dents, just thousands of little dimples, and in the black paint they show right up.
Man that sucks. We are by Glenn Oaks and Lake Forest in Woodbridge on the East side of the country club. I'm sure we got the same type hail you guys got. Hopefully our roofs are ok.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My truck was at the cop shop, up behind Lowes on 380, my wife said we didn't get much hail at home, and what we got was small.

I just put a new roof on in 2011 from that hail storm, my RV was totaled, so I got the boat instead. So not all hail is bad.

miketke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Christy & I didn't get any hail. But it looks like @miketke did!

Stole these from his wife's facebook page...

View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509

Hope you guys didn't get any damage!!!
Jessica's car got beat up pretty bad, I was at the gym when it came through. I had to drive home thru some of it, the wind was so crazy at one point I thought I was in a tornado!! It was pushing cars out of their lanes on the tollway bridge!!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I'd be getting ready to leave the stadium about that time.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The storm was approaching my house in Frisco, sirens were going off, and a bunch of parents and kids were still playing baseball in the park in front of my house. They were completely ignoring the warning and the lightening. I finally walked outside and told them they should probably seek shelter. People are really stupid.