• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not a fan of hurricanes but.....

NKTARHEEL

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of hurricanes and I truly hope everyone stays safe out there, but our lakes in NC desperately need the water! Looking forward to boating in Oct with less concern about shallow water! And dry ramp issues :)

After all this rain the past 2 weeks, I hope they are up a bit already! Dying to get back out there...

Norman was so low on Labor Day, we opted for only jet skis, really want to get the boat back out soon

Get out on Belews! Still over 100' deep. Really no shallow areas to worry about. You can tell it's down by the shoreline, but there isn't any depth worries anywhere.

Sunday doesn't look great, but we're tryin like hell to get out there anyway. I'm sure it'll be dead out there, so we'll be the only Yamaha beached up over by the plant somewhere.

We're sure getting the rain now.....and I think it's heading your way. Good luck with the lakes!

Lake Wylie is very low (down 6-7 feet). You see a lot of people who cannot get their boat/jetskis out anymore... like this house that is for sale...(notice boat lift is over dry land)

low lake .jpg

Kerr lake and falls lake were down as well... al though kerr lake was still over 80 feet in most places... falls is normally shallow so when it gets low u gotta be careful..

Ours hasnt drooped as much as what I'm seeing.....wow....but we'll be heading up to the bunker tonight to watch it fill over the weekend........

You guys should come out to the coast for a couple days next year if you have that problem again.

I would love to but I don't know much about salt water navigation. Buoys and channels and the such... and hidden sand bars... yikes..

I would love to but I don't know much about salt water navigation. Buoys and channels and the such... and hidden sand bars... yikes..

That's why I'm here!

At the moment we might be better off bunking in the boat tonight :)

Man is it raining and has been for a while!

As for the coast, my in-laws live in Little Washington and I'm working up the courage/skill to hit the Pamilco Sound this summer! Just bought my boat this year, so currently logging hours on the lake before venturing into the sound.

Me and a buddy use to put our skis in the river in Greenville and ride to little Washington and back each year... it was a beautiful ride...

It 48 degrees here! I'm jealous already and it's only October.

Back