• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not going to GreenHulk but...QUICK

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...I figure there is enough knowledge here. Acquaintance needs to unload her 2009 Yamaha FZS, 60 hours on it and not ragged out as she is 50 yo woman. She can't handle the storage fees which just tripled on her this year. All maintencnace records. Book looks ot be around 9k without a trailer, but this has a trailer.

HOw much do I offer her cash?

Last edited:
Single place pwc trailers seem to always be around $500 used but generally have been neglected… likely needs tires and tlc.

I’d offer the book value of $6k. You get the free project trailer and she gets an easy clean sale. Good deal for both?!?

I would hurry up and offer her the $6k because right now with the lack of available new waverunners even the older FZS/R are going upwards of $9-10k.

Mis print, book was just over 9000 without a trailer (fixed above). They did have clutch issues on this model with the supercharger, which is about an $800 fix at a shop. Her trailer is unused, sitting in her garage.

Mis print, book was just over 9000 without a trailer (fixed above). They did have clutch issues on this model with the supercharger, which is about an $800 fix at a shop. Her trailer is unused, sitting in her garage.
There are no clutch issues, that is a misconception. What people are talking about is that the clutch is a wear item, and depending how you ride, it will need to be replaced eventually. Some people that ride them hard it only lasts 100hrs or so, others that ride "normal" it can go up to 200-300 hrs. It can vary alot, but its not an issue per say.

Idk 9k for that old of a ski is a lot of money.

I'd explain you are interested but don't feel comfortable paying the inflated prices of todays market. Let her know she may be able to get more on the open market, but if she wants a quick and easy sale that you will take it for 7k cash. If she is close enough you can also offer that she could still ride it on occasion if she wished.

I offered her 5000 and she took it. We'll see if she follows through as I can't deal with this until end of next week. We good with this deal? I don't really want one of these, but figure I'll take it to my Florida home and leave it there as a toy. Beats hauling my boat down there and back like the old lady wants me to do!

I offered her 5000 and she took it. We'll see if she follows through as I can't deal with this until end of next week. We good with this deal? I don't really want one of these, but figure I'll take it to my Florida home and leave it there as a toy. Beats hauling my boat down there and back like the old lady wants me to do!

5k I'd be all in.

If it runs, I think you did splendidly!

I’d flip it if I got it at that price. I am certain I could get $10k for it here in CA.

It's tempting to flip but it's a toy for my Florida house. Prolly get used 5 times a year, which is 2 times more than I get out on my boat. But at this price how do you pass it up?

It's tempting to flip but it's a toy for my Florida house. Prolly get used 5 times a year, which is 2 times more than I get out on my boat. But at this price how do you pass it up?
I would not have passed it up at $7k and if it’s from a friend I would not flip it at all, probably would have helped her sell for more instead.

be forewarned, if it has the 1,812 cc engine like I think it does it will be a very fast ride, more so if it has a supercharger.

congrats on the buy/new to you boat.

LOL she is an acquaintance only, more a friend of a friend - he called me to see if I wanted a ski. I met her once 3 years ago and I am helping her out, so she says. Hell, she lives in a 1.65 million house in Bethesda she just doesn't want the hassle of driving 90 minutes to Annapolis to ride a ski in the bumpy Bay and just wants to unload. She said she wanted 6 for it and I told her I'd be over next week with 5 and she said that's fine. She's happy and I now have a toy I may or may not like/use. But it saves me from the boss telling me to trailer our boat to Florida so we won't use it there! 5k is worth that alone!

For comparison, Here is a similar ski currently on sale here in NCal.
B38652FE-455E-4015-9DE5-3E226500E90E.png

So the next question is, can a Honda Pilot tow this thing? I checked the trailer out yesterday and it is perfect. Just been sitting in a garage. No dry rot on tires. spun freely and very light I could drag it myself. I'll repack the bearings but it is good to go. I would think the Pilot could pull it on level roads for a few miles without hassle, but having never done this, where do you go to get a tow mechanism placed on the PIlot, assuming it can pull it?

So the next question is, can a Honda Pilot tow this thing? I checked the trailer out yesterday and it is perfect. Just been sitting in a garage. No dry rot on tires. spun freely and very light I could drag it myself. I'll repack the bearings but it is good to go. I would think the Pilot could pull it on level roads for a few miles without hassle, but having never done this, where do you go to get a tow mechanism placed on the PIlot, assuming it can pull it?
2WD or AWD Pilot? Here are some numbers https://www.muller-honda.com/honda-pilot-towing-capacity.

If it were me I would not hesitate to tow a PWC with a Pilot. I know the PWC’s are heavier than ones from yesteryear but I don’t see them weighing over 3500 lbs with trailer.

All pilots should be able to tow one or two pwcs no problem. The pilot is a rebadged Acura MDX and until about 2020 or 2021 they were rated to two 5,500 lbs the newer ones have a 3,500 tow rating. If You don’t already have a hitch (the MDXs I’ve had came with tow packages standard (I.e., transmission cooler, tow hitch and wiring harness), I recommend that you buy the hitch from ETrailer.com. You should be able to buy make, model and year specific along with a four lead harness for about $250ish delivered and usually with a how to video link.4A5BE6F1-3A82-498A-8B3D-80197ECC5EE6.png

Last edited:
Uhaul sells everything needed and will install for $90 in my area.

Great info, It's a simple 2wd pilot and it's not like we'd go far. Level roads in Florida, 2 to 10 miles to the various ramps. I just don't want to be married to bringing my Ram pick up down there all the time! Thank you.

Damn near anything can pull a single jetski. A pilot will have zero issues.

Back