• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not going to GreenHulk but...QUICK

I’d get the $129 with 10 year warranty. There are a few on Amazon for less but mine didn’t last more than a season before they got brittle and tore up easily. Like yamaha jet boats if you want a perfect fit cover you have to buy oem, close to $300.

End of summer report. This thing hauls ass. Wife wouldn't take it over 50; but jet pilot daughter we had it full throttle and hit around 70 on some glass. I think we got out on it 6 times total this summer. Beats my boat - I think I got the SX230 out 3 times this summer, anyone wanna' buy it lol? I would not say it is as fun an outing as compared to my boat, in fact mostly boring and if there is any chop, not too much fun. Perhaps I need to go out on it by myself. However, it is so so easy to care for and tow than the boat. Easy to tow, easy to get going, easy to clean and flush. So I guess 5 k was well spent. It has about 80 hours on it, actually had about 70 on it when I picked it up. If I had it in Florida this past week I could have rode down my street on it!

End of summer report. This thing hauls ass. Wife wouldn't take it over 50; but jet pilot daughter we had it full throttle and hit around 70 on some glass. I think we got out on it 6 times total this summer. Beats my boat - I think I got the SX230 out 3 times this summer, anyone wanna' buy it lol? I would not say it is as fun an outing as compared to my boat, in fact mostly boring and if there is any chop, not too much fun. Perhaps I need to go out on it by myself. However, it is so so easy to care for and tow than the boat. Easy to tow, easy to get going, easy to clean and flush. So I guess 5 k was well spent. It has about 80 hours on it, actually had about 70 on it when I picked it up. If I had it in Florida this past week I could have rode down my street on it!
Sounds like a great purchase! My wife bugs me all the time about how we should have bought a pair of ski's instead of the boat. My reasoning is that I can't take the family out at once on the skis, but I do agree - they're a blast to drive! My daughter would have loved pushing it to 70 - she's a speed demon LOL!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great purchase! My wife bugs me all the time about how we should have bought a pair of ski's instead of the boat. My reasoning is that I can't take the family out at once on the skis, but I do agree - they're a blast to drive! My daughter would have loved pushing it to 70 - she's a speed demon LOL!
70 on a ski is insanely fast! When I test drove the Yamaha GP1800r I took it full throttle a few times, but that is ass clenchingly fast! You are so low to the water it is hard to see if there is a wake ahead of you, your eyes are watering to make it worse.... I can't imagine hitting a wake surf wake in one at 70+...... :oops::eek:o_O

My neighbor broke his femur last month going to fast on his ski and wiped out jumping waves. Young and dumb! I only did 70 for a stretch in glass conditions. Wouldn't dare jump a wake at that speed but I guess many do. But all in all? If I had to do it over I wouldn't have bought it. Nowhere near as fun as the boat, but a 9-10k waverunner for 5 k in mint condition was too hard to pass up.

I think you got an awesome deal @OCMD . A new gp1800r w/o a supercharger here in CA is about 18k out the door without a trailer add $2k plus $200 for sales tax for the supercharger.

My non supercharged 2021 gp tops out at 67 with a single rider and glassy or water almost like glass. I w read about supercharged skis doing 72 out of the box and there are small tweaks you can perform to go a few mph faster without spending thousands to do so. I spoke to a few guys with older supercharged models who say they only get to about 70 mph but get to top speed very fast compared to a non supercharged skis. I believe them, been smoked by a couple supercharged models already.

as for skis v boat, it depends on what you want to do on the water and with who. When it’s just my wife and I or son (up to six people, four comfortably including myself) out for a few hours or the whole day we will take the skis every time, especially if we have a lunch, dinner or overnight destination. The key for us is to have at least two (large and reliable) skis. If we plan to beach, anchor drift with friends or family it all about the boat, lots of space, no need to always be driving and lots of shade as opposed to none on the skis. The boat gives us the option to tube or board comfortably. To each his own.

Last edited:
I love my GP1800R(supercharged), love the adrenaline. Yes, like @Ronnie mentioned they are limited from factory to 70 but you get there real damn quick. You can remove the limiter and you will go over 70 easily. I can only run mine full throttle in glass water like a river or lake, no way you can do 70 in the ocean with big waves.

My only gripe is that reverse is opposite of my boat, so each time i get on either one i have to relearn reverse.

These SC skis are very serious stock 70 is very fast when you are that close to the water and the slightest twitch can send you flying if you aren't prepared.
My 15 fzs has a Deans tuned ecu, riva exhaust, and a custom intake, and the stock impeller will hit 80(gps) and accelerates even faster than stock. Its not for the timid at all. It still has the learner mode option which will limit to 40mph.

Back