• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure What This is Called

Wick3d3vo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its on the starboard side next to the front popout cleat. What is it and what does it do? Looks like a broken piece behind the chrome grate.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Horn output cover. As I recall the screws hold the horn in place. You can access the horn from under the bow seat, be careful, lots of unfinished fiberglass up there.

Wick3d3vo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks all. Does it make sense that the white piece behind the cover looks broken?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ive got all kind of little cracks in plastic components from over tightened hardware. looks like that's what may have happened based on where the aft screw and broken plastic seem to originate.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think the white part is perforated paper / cardboard that covers the horn opening to prevent or at least minimize the amount of water that can enter the horn directly. If you really want to know for sure pull the two screws, the horn should drop into the bow compartment it is next to/over. Personally I would not bother unless I planned to replace the horn.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Agree, that’s the horn, my replacement horn is on back order with no ETA. They said when my boat got swamped the paper element and diaphragm got too wet and the horn needs replaced.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree, that’s the horn, my replacement horn is on back order with no ETA. They said when my boat got swamped the paper element and diaphragm got too wet and the horn needs replaced.
Get used it it, mine has died multiple times. We found a third party replacement, but I just switched to an air horn.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Get used it it, mine has died multiple times. We found a third party replacement, but I just switched to an air horn.
I have a hand held air horn in the interim. I would like an old school road runner horn (beep beep) but not sure how the USCG would take that. I guess I would need that guy who has a sense of humor.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think any horn would be done. Whistles are acceptable on pwcs but I recommend that you check the ISCH site to be sure. Thinking of how more fire extinguishers are required as the boat length increases.

Last edited:

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length