• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Noticed a couple odd things today b4 1st trip out 2021 252X

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had to change the batteries. All power swithes to the batteries were in the off position. Once I connected the 2nd battery the bilge kicked on….but all main battery switches were all off.
Was checking the lights later and hit the navigation light button… lights turned on but screen went black. Touch the same spot on the screen and lights go off and screen comes back on…..

Bilge should be hardwired so it'll come on if the float switch is activated regardless of the battery switch position. Were you in bright sunlight? My thought is that when you turned the lights on, your screen went into a darker night mode. It was still on, you just couldn't see it because it had dimmed down thinking it was dark outside. A daylight bright screen would be blinding at night.

Did the bilge pump come on, or just cycle? I know when I turn mine on initially, it will cycle...then cycles every 3-5 minutes after that.

Back