• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

O2 Sensors and Warranty

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The BRP BUDS and the CanDoo Pro are $400. Both will get the job done (but I believe the CanDoo will do other engines too).

Where in Florida? I purchased my Chap from Dealer's Choice Marine in Orlando, FL and this is where all my warranty work is done. My previous boat (SX-192) I bought from Cycle Springs in Clearwater, FL. They now carry Scarab. You can try them.

JoeScarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks, I'm on the east coast near Daytona Beach in New Smyrna Beach. MarineMax was the dealer but I guess they dropped the line. My closest is St. Augustine or Kissimmee. I have two local guys but I think this might need someone to take deeper dive.

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@JoeScarab O2 sensor fault should not make your boat run sluggish.
What is the engine speed you are seeing at WOT? From what I remember the Rotax 250 engine speed specification is 7800rpm +/- 200rpm.
There are lots parameters that would influence the maximum power, air temp, water temp, gasoline, ...
I think Dealer's Choice has a place in Daytona Beach area.

JoeScarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So far it looks like it was the O2 sensors. I had both of them replaced with the Bosch 13444 and so far it's running great. The intake side sensor was completely oxidized, see attached. I'll take her out for a longer run this weekend, but this certainly helped if not fixed my issue.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
So far it looks like it was the O2 sensors. I had both of them replaced with the Bosch 13444 and so far it's running great. The intake side sensor was completely oxidized, see attached. I'll take her out for a longer run this weekend, but this certainly helped if not fixed my issue.
So are the Bosch 13444 sensors still working for you? Not a direct replacement, but the 13444 would be a cheaper option than the 0258006956 since I have to replace them once a year.

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Realizing that the O2 Sensors on these boats have been a common problem, mine finally went bad and threw quite a few codes end of last season. I took the boat back out start of this season just to get it started with the plan to take it in for the 100 hr service. One of the motors shutdown before I got away from the dock and threw some misfire codes as well. Went ahead and took it into a dealer and the shop is telling me that all 4 O2 sensors are fouled. While I have a 2014 215 HOI, I didn't take delivery of the boat from a dealer until end of May '15 and technically the motors are still warrantied by ROTAX according to the warranty info in the manual.

What luck, if any, have folks had getting the O2 sensors replaced under warranty? I seem to recall reading some posts a while back about it. The dealer is saying no - carbon build up, moisture, etc. - not covered. Not sure if they would have been covered by the 3 year ROTAX warranty anyway.

I've had 3 other boats, SEADOO, Yamaha, Moomba, and have almost always done my own work. First time to a dealer for service in many, many years. I was going to replace the O2 Sensors myself, but figured I'd have them look at it since I thought there may be a chance on warranty. I appreciate any feedback and experience dealing with this.
I had them replaced under warranty but i dont anymore. Ive learned..do your homework first, be proactive and be able to tell dealer what is wrong. Know your codes, etc. i buypass warranty as i wont wait a month for them to get all their approvals then order parts. I usually am one strp ahead of the service so i dont get strung along. Uts been working. Lol

Old Tailhooker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
O2 Sensor/Catalyst issues are covered under a recall/service bulletin despite if the engine is still under warranty or not. BRP Bulletin # 2018-01(W). On my 2016 Scarab (twin 195s), the motors were actually built in 2014 but were fully covered for the recall. Recall info from BRP attached.

Attachments