• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

O'Brien hydroslide versa 2

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just scored this guy for 100 bucks at Dick's. Figured at that price it was worth a shot? Anyone have any experience with it? Seems like a Zup board type of thing

Screenshot_20190831-182253.png

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have had one since last summer and my kids really enjoy it. They usually want to take it over the tube. My two younger ones like it because of the handles but my older ones like it without handles and with the bindings installed. The only bad we have had with it is where the rope attaches to the front. Shortly after we bought ours it broke off and we had to return it but the new one has held up all summer.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tabbibus Great and versatile family board. You got it for a steal!

ttenn100

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just scored this guy for 100 bucks at Dick's. Figured at that price it was worth a shot? Anyone have any experience with it? Seems like a Zup board type of thing

View attachment 104142

View attachment 104142
We are on Lake Lainer also and were wondering how this board worked for you out there. Is it a good board? Looking for something else besides tube for daughter. She is 14 and has tried to get up on the Wakeboard but still has not been able to after 4 outings and it starting to loose interest. Would like something to boost confidence or just so she is having fun again and not stressing. Thank you.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are on Lake Lainer also and were wondering how this board worked for you out there. Is it a good board? Looking for something else besides tube for daughter. She is 14 and has tried to get up on the Wakeboard but still has not been able to after 4 outings and it starting to loose interest. Would like something to boost confidence or just so she is having fun again and not stressing. Thank you.
We haven't used it for water sports. My 7 and 6 year old use it as a floating platform. Quite bouyant and stable so I suspect getting up on it would be a a breeze.

I was going to buy the Zup board but this was too cheap to pass on

ttenn100

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been looking at the zup you got this 2.0 but have not pulled the trigger. Guess being too cheap not sure why but thinking I may find one cheaper. Thank you for your info. Have a great week.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Might as well at this point wait for black friday. They had a sale last year. overton sometimes has coupon codes as well that can be used on the zup

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try a kneeboard, or let her kneel on a wake surfer. My 8yo girl gets up on the wakeboard every time. the key is to tell them to do a deep squat and almost hug your knees. Arms fully extended. Board perpendicular to the boat with the tip up slightly. Start forward idle and when they look stable ease into the gas. Don't punch it.
The first time we had 2 adults hold the board with her standing on it. The sitting dock start is incredibly easy, but there is not a lot of spots you can do that.
Double skis is easy too.

ttenn100

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try a kneeboard, or let her kneel on a wake surfer. My 8yo girl gets up on the wakeboard every time. the key is to tell them to do a deep squat and almost hug your knees. Arms fully extended. Board perpendicular to the boat with the tip up slightly. Start forward idle and when they look stable ease into the gas. Don't punch it.
The first time we had 2 adults hold the board with her standing on it. The sitting dock start is incredibly easy, but there is not a lot of spots you can do that.
Double skis is easy too.
Thank you for the information and will try that the weekend when out on the water. Appreciate you help.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for the information and will try that the weekend when out on the water. Appreciate you help.
where do you plan on doing this? I've yet to find a good quiet place where there aren't lots of people cruising around.

ttenn100

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last Sunday down at south end around the corner from shoal creek boat launch. As there were only 2 boats wake surfing and one tubing. If you come from the north and go under the Lanier Islands bridge go straight and on your left the water goes way back in the corner. Nice much calmer area. You can call me if you need more info on it James 404-556-1233

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been looking at the zup you got this 2.0 but have not pulled the trigger. Guess being too cheap not sure why but thinking I may find one cheaper. Thank you for your info. Have a great week.
I've got 1 green Hydroslide Versa left in stock.
I probably won't be able to coax any of my kids onto one until next season, but I was able to give it a go a while back. It's very buoyant stable and sturdy. I was able to ride it in a kneeboard, ski, and wakeboard configuration. It would be super simple for any young riders. It holds to any ski handle.

Use the code "Versa" and it'll take an extra 5% off and ship free.