• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ocean City, NJ?

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
anyone go out near Ocean City, NJ, Sea Isle, Avalon?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Flower. I moved your thread to the destinations forum where it should get more attention.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Flower Nice to have you here. I used to boat up in the Navesink and Shrewsbury....a looong time ago.

Not sure but I was thinking @geiger41 was down there somewhere but maybe he is north of AC.

Anyway, welcome and congrats on the new '15 LS. Everyone who has one seems to be enjoying all the new features.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never been that far south but the barnegat up north is great! Our boats with the shallow draft is a plus! Staying out of the main channels at low tide is dicey. Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. What color is it? The new colors for '15 are really nice.

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never been that far south but the barnegat up north is great! Our boats with the shallow draft is a plus! Staying out of the main channels at low tide is dicey. Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. What color is it? The new colors for '15 are really nice.
So here's the deal. I was totally sold on the 15 Yamaha 24' and was ready to pull the trigger and created the account on this forum. Then started to learn more about the Chap 24' and am leaning toward that now with the 250's. Anyone drive one yet? I know the dealers had a meeting a few weeks back.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just saw this thread...not sure how I missed it. Yes I am also around that area in the summer. Any questions just ask !!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Flower: Welcome ! Glad you found us !

Might I add a small piece of advice to your search ?
If I might ..............
1) I am sure you're doing a Ben Franklin comparison sheet, but from all we have seen, the out-the-door price is gonna be MORE than a wee bit" higher with the Chap. And that alone might help you make the decision.

2) However ........
From all we have learned so far ...........
TEST DRIVE BOTH !
"Why ?" you ask - Because it APPEARS right now that the Chap is no where close to being as quiet as the 2015 Yamaha 242 LS !~

The "noise factor" alone is worth an EASY $5 to $ 10K !
Just my 2 cents worth !

In the meantime, please do keep us posted on anything new you learn !
And of course, Good Luck in your dealings !
Merry Christmas, Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have been to AC a few times and OC once for that thing where everyone decorates their houses on the water and everyone drives their boat past it. Can't remember what it's called.
Mostly boat in the Barnegat Bay area though
IMG_3731.JPG

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was stationed in Cape May, I used to go jetskiing at Corsons Inlet winch is part of that whole south jersey intercoastal waterway. The whole area from Little Egg Inlet all the way down to Cape May is great for boating. Especially for the shallow draft of our jet boats. There are also a few nice bars and restaurants along the water that are easy and fun to stop at. Its been years since I have been there (left in 2007) so I don't remember the names of the places. There is a decent public ramp at Corsons Inlet but arrive early for parking, or you will be parking out on the side of the road.