• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ocean LEDs...Are They Worth it?

Mike T

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Looking to add cabin lighting as well as transom lights to the boat and I see the ocean led setup and I like that setup. But the cost i pretty high. Here's the one I was looking at.

Wanted some opinions on whether there is a better more affordable way. Well maybe no better, but at least comparable. Not sure I would be into the do it yourself method, not exactly the best low volt tech here. But i it's not too detailed I may be able to give it a shot.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my opinion Ocean LED is massively over priced.

I am very happy with a 40 watt AquaLED that I purchased in 2013. Unfortunately AquaLED is out of business.

I believe you could get more for your money from other suppliers.

Mike T

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Trevor nice lights looks like it puts out a lot of light. Maybe what I need. Did you install them yourself?

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Mike. Yeah ordered 3/4 king Starboard, used a hole saw to cut, sand and buff. Def some work involved but happy with the install.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I posted this a while back and the offer is still good!

I have been searching the web and this site for underwater LED's and finally decided to purchase 3 Seablaze X blue/white fade lights for my boat. For anyone who is interested I have found them for sale for $275 each on "The Hull Truth" forum. I have been dealing with Leo who has been super helpful with my ordering process. They have blue, white, and blue/white fade light options. I decided to go with the blue and white fade lights and thought this was a super deal to share with everyone here. Here is Leo's email: lstaats@usspowerandyacht.com and contact number 954-914-8200. If your interested you can tell you found the sale on "The Hull Truth" site or from me.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's where I got mine as well, I got just the blue and they said the cost went up a lil. I paid, 288 for mine, still cheaper.

Mike T

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thanks Shane I'm going to look into those.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you can wait Oceanled does a 50% off sale on Black Friday I know that means no lights this season but that's a pretty hefty savings.

Mike T

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
WOW...that's a looooong time. I'll have to pull the trigger on something before then.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you aren't very tech savvy, the XKglow LED's just need to be clipped together. I purchased the set of 20 strips last year for my 242. There is still a fair amount of work involved. For my installation I wanted the ambient glow without really seeing the strips or any wires, so I had to remove all the seat backs, which is by far the hardest part, and then you also need to drill holes at each location. I drilled 3/4" holes to fit the clips through and installed rubber grommets. The holes for these have to be considerably bigger than it would be for just the wires. I also went ahead and heat shrinked the connections to make sure they don't develop any corrosion. I liked that I could add strips or replace any that malfunction (after one season I haven't had any issues) without having to solder / desolder inside the compartments.

It's not as cheap as doing everything yourself, (it's probably twice as expensive) but they are very good quality. They have sales around holidays and every so often... I think they are usually 15% off. The controller is controlled through your phone and has all the bells and whistles.

If you do purchase these, you will definitely want the "extension wire kit" I ordered two of them midway through my install when I ran out of wires.

Here are some pictures of the strips and clips.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And the finished results...
View media item 3175View media item 3181

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you aren't very tech savvy, the XKglow LED's just need to be clipped together. I purchased the set of 20 strips last year for my 242. There is still a fair amount of work involved. For my installation I wanted the ambient glow without really seeing the strips or any wires, so I had to remove all the seat backs, which is by far the hardest part, and then you also need to drill holes at each location. I drilled 3/4" holes to fit the clips through and installed rubber grommets. The holes for these have to be considerably bigger than it would be for just the wires. I also went ahead and heat shrinked the connections to make sure they don't develop any corrosion. I liked that I could add strips or replace any that malfunction (after one season I haven't had any issues) without having to solder / desolder inside the compartments.

It's not as cheap as doing everything yourself, (it's probably twice as expensive) but they are very good quality. They have sales around holidays and every so often... I think they are usually 15% off. The controller is controlled through your phone and has all the bells and whistles.

If you do purchase these, you will definitely want the "extension wire kit" I ordered two of them midway through my install when I ran out of wires.

Here are some pictures of the strips and clips.
View attachment 35434

View attachment 35435

And the finished results...
View media item 3175View media item 3181

Did you use all 20 strips

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, I I think I used 16 of them...

• I have two behind each seat back on the swim platform
  • One over each of the rear speakers
  • Two in the engine compartment
  • Two under the passenger seat
  • Two at the helm (one to the right of the seat and one under the steering console)
  • One in the helm storage
  • One in the head storage
  • One over each of the bow cupholders
  • One in the front corner on each side of the bow, under the little seat.
I could place a couple more around but I like the look of it now. I can't actually see any of the strips without looking for them. They are all tucked away. When they're on, there isn't a place on the boat that isn't lit up, but my setup isn't as bright as some.

Bryan Martini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, I I think I used 16 of them...

• I have two behind each seat back on the swim platform
  • One over each of the rear speakers
  • Two in the engine compartment
  • Two under the passenger seat
  • Two at the helm (one to the right of the seat and one under the steering console)
  • One in the helm storage
  • One in the head storage
  • One over each of the bow cupholders
  • One in the front corner on each side of the bow, under the little seat.
I could place a couple more around but I like the look of it now. I can't actually see any of the strips without looking for them. They are all tucked away. When they're on, there isn't a place on the boat that isn't lit up, but my setup isn't as bright as some.
Do you remember which kit you bought Ultimate 432 LED 3 Million Color Remote Boat Accent Interior Neon Light - 12pcs Flex Strips or 20 Strip 2 Million Color Remote Control Boat Interior Accent Neon Light Kit

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length