• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

OEM Depth gauge flashing “zero”

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ive searched the forum and only answer I can find is replace the expensive transducer. Is there not a simple fix or maybe a bad fuse for the depth gauge? Been flashing “0.0” the past four outings on the boat.

The transducer surface on the bottom of hull is clean.

If must replace transducer to fix, is there an aftermarket option at less cost that will still work with the Connext system?

2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S

Thanks

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
yamaha doesnt make the transducer. they are usually airmar. is yours a thru-hull style or transom mount? i assume thru-hull on a 2016. other than checking the connection and wire itself there really isnt anything you can do other than replace. if you pull it out you may find an airmar part# or something on it that you can google.

Sean Clements

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am having the same issues on a 2017 242x. Dealer checked the transducer and said it was OK. Not sure where to check next…

Top Bottom