• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Officially a non-jet boat boat owner

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We took delivery of our Regal LS2 Surf at Lake Norman on Friday. I was initially looking for a bigger boat (25/26 foot) but they had this one in stock. After some research while I was at the beach for a family vacation I decided to just go for it. Wired them the money while I was sitting on the beach lol. Initial impressions are I’m absolutely blown away. It feels much bigger than a 22’4” boat inside (cockpit and now is exactly the same measurements as the 24’ and 26’ versions but those have a bigger stern). Once on the water it felt like a BMW or Audi. Extremely smooth, fast and handled like it was on rails. At 30+ mph I could make circle inside of the last circle. I’ve only seen boats slide outside of their last circle while maintaining speed, not grab the edge and make a tighter circle. It’s an incredibly fun boat to drive. So much control at all speeds and in reverse. We did docking exercises as part of the on water delivery and other boaters were blown away at how easily it maneuvered, especially in reverse.

The fit and finish of the boat is top notch. Beautiful inside and out with lots of little extra touches. The power tower is great, fusion sound system is more then sufficient and music can easily be heard at 40+ mph (still breaking her in so haven’t hit top speed yet). The tech in the boat is amazing. So much tech but the dealer was great at breaking it down and getting what I needed set up. Still a ton left to learn though. The dual 7” screens are great and work independently to create a great experience. Only complaint is I wish the put the dual 9” screens in like the LS4 & 6. The 7” works but bigger would be better.

The wave this boat makes is amazing. It has 1800# of ballast but we didn’t even use it all to create the wave in the pic. It’s super clean, big pocket, can control the length, switch sides mid-ride, and turn any direction and keep the wave and rider going. The pic is my son with a pro we got lessons from on our boat. We’re all first time surfers and all got up and had a great time even if we didn’t stay up long lol!

While I’m sorry it didn’t work out to get the 252SE we originally wanted (mainly because it was so much less $$$ 🤣) I’m thrilled with this boat and think it’s a great fit for our family. Look for us out on Jordan. We were out there for a few hours today but hope to get the surfing going on the next trip!

Attachments

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice boat. I own a regal also, a 29 OBX needed to go bigger than the Yamaha offered and something better for longer rides. You won’t be disappointed in the choice you made. So far in my 2 years the regal ride and quality is top notch very happy now.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Nice boat. I own a regal also, a 29 OBX needed to go bigger than the Yamaha offered and something better for longer rides. You won’t be disappointed in the choice you made. So far in my 2 years the regal ride and quality is top notch very happy now.
Thanks. I’ve been really impressed with the ride and quality. Great to hear it’s still the case a couple years in for you. The 29 OBX are beautiful boats. More than we need now but would love to need one in the future.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man. Makes be a bit jelly

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat. Are you in the cove past the Hello Sailor restaurant?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Beautiful boat, congrats! I'll look for you on Jordan, we're in a black 252SE. Do most of our tubing and boarding in the Crosswinds Campground cove or the cove between Seaforth and Vista Point.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to see it, having fun with the family is what it's about, ENJOY !!

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Nice boat. Are you in the cove past the Hello Sailor restaurant?
Not sure about that restaurant but we were at the peninsula yacht club’s dock in that pic.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Beautiful boat, congrats! I'll look for you on Jordan, we're in a black 252SE. Do most of our tubing and boarding in the Crosswinds Campground cove or the cove between Seaforth and Vista Point.
We’re closest to the Seaforth ramp and plan to put in there when possible. Will be on the lookout. Would love to see the boats side by side.