• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ohio river to Pittsburgh

Nboros

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone gone on the Ohio river in Marietta to Pittsburgh ? If so could you provide some info on this trip?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will flow this thread.. my In laws are in Williamstown and we are pulling the boat Up there this summer..... I think we may see about keeping the boat at the small marina in Marietta for the week..

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have done East Liverpool to Pittsburgh. It's about 41 miles and you have to transition 3 locks.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Add at least one more lock from Marietta. Pike Island. That's my hometown.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did the trip in June. The one issue I had was the amount of garbage in the locks. You will be ingesting everything from twigs to plastic bags. That was not fun.

Nboros

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What locks do you go through and is there a cost assicatied with going through locks? I appreciate everyone's help!!!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From East Liverpool, Montgomery locks, Dashields L&D then Emsworth. There is no charge to transition the locks but there is a specific way to to it like utilizing the radio to contact the operator to request lockage. Having the proper length rope and knowing what to do with it once you enter. Early summer will brings lots of debris (depending on how wet the spring is) so I would wait until mid to later summer to do it. We boated to and docked at Station Square where there are a bunch of restaurants and stores. Cool place.