• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Analysis Report

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not intending to start another oil discussion thread, but just to provide a sample oil analysis report (attached).

I didn't pay for the TBN as I'm not looking for an extended oil change interval (would not be an issue at 10 hrs anyway). On my motorcycle, I was able to use TBN analysis to confirm that 12 000km oil changes would work when using synthetic instead of 6000 km for mineral oil

What does it all mean? Nothing much yet. Right now I'm just looking for no water in the oil and a baseline for metals. It forms a basis for comparison as time goes on.

SOAP: Spectrometric Oil Analysis Program

Attachments

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good idea establishing a baseline. I wish I had done that.

jtwrace

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Good report. I caught a bad injector on my sample so it's a good idea for sure.